Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/18/2013 1:29:46 PM EDT
What do you guys think of the Lucid HD7 red dot scope?  I saw one at a local shop and found some video reviews on youtube.  It looks good, but I was wondering if anyone here had any experience with them.  The prices start around $200 for them.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, I'm interested, too.  I need a red dot for my .22 AR, but do not want to shell out for another Eotech for it.

Hopefully someone has messed with one.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe Strycnine has one.

I think for a .22, there are cheaper options that still hold up well.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:42:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one on a .22 rimfire. I had it on my 9mm AR15 and I didnt' have any problems with it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 1:57:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have one on a .22 rimfire. I had it on my 9mm AR15 and I didnt' have any problems with it.

Good enough for me.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:23:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not a Vortex or Primary Arms red dot
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#6]
If prices start around $200 then I don't see any reason to not get a used aimpoint CompM2/ML2 off the EE
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:35:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This. PA red dots are great for .22's
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. PA red dots are great for .22's

It's pretty awesome on a 7.62 AK also The AK forum guys love them, as do I. They're no aimpoint, but you could buy 5 or 6 PA dots for the price of one aimpoint.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my primary arms micro dot on my AR.  I also have one of the $69 m3  clone dots from them that I am not so impressed with still works great and holds zero just hate the extra weight and the dot is just not as bright and crisp as the micro dot.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love my primary arms micro dot on my AR.  I also have one of the $69 m3  clone dots from them that I am not so impressed with still works great and holds zero just hate the extra weight and the dot is just not as bright and crisp as the micro dot.

I have the old PA M3 before the micros came out and one of the new Micros as well.

I've used the M3 on 5.56 for two or three years now while I save for a T-1 with no problems.

Micro clone is on a 10/22.

For a .22....I don't get paying $200, not saying the Lucid is bad, as I have no experience. Just seems....inefficient price wise.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Strikefire sitting in my safe right now. I liked it a lot, but switched to a Aimpoint PRO simply because I only have 1 rifle and I wanted it to be more durable and rugged for any scenario.I keep meaning to post it on the EE but  I keep telling myself to hang on to the Strikefire for a second rifle, or for a .22.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:24:18 PM EDT
[#12]
If you like the looks of the hd7 try the bushnell mp red dot it's actually at T dot and can go from red to green. I have a gen 1 that's on a 556 and still going strong. They can be had in the 150 range.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 4:10:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you like the looks of the hd7 try the bushnell mp red dot it's actually at T dot and can go from red to green. I have a gen 1 that's on a 556 and still going strong. They can be had in the 150 range.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

I've got the Bushnell on my AK74.  I'm not sure why I didn't consider another one, it does work well.  I also like the PA arms sights that have been mentioned, they are pretty sweet.  I really like this one.  http://www.primaryarms.com/Primary_Arms_3X_Compact_Scope_PAC3X_p/pac3x.htm  I'm gonna need 3 new scopes, one for my AR, I need something better for my 7.62x25 AK, and I plan to get a 308 Saiga as soon as prices come down a little and I'm gonna put a sight on it.  So I will buy the Lucid HD7 now, I'll get the PA arms scope and try it, (will probably move it to the AR) and IF I can get a decent deal on a .308 saiga, I'll decide on another for it.  Here is the Lucid        http://mylucidgear.com/reddotsights.php  You guys hollar at me if you see a decent deal on a 308 Saiga.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 4:21:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I just yesterday received my fourth Bushnell TRS-25 via the Brown Truck.  I love 'em.  3 m.o.a. dot; lifetime warranty.  Same size and weight as the Aimpoint micro at 1/5 the price....plus there's a 20% rebate right now, which brings the cost down to about $80.  

Unless you have an application pending for the Rambolistas Club, I'd strongly recommend the TRS-25.  I'm using one on a Glock, one on a 10-22 that's converted to an Archangel, one on my new Ruger 22/45, and one on an AR.  Maybe I have five, rather than four.  I'll have to do an inventory count.  Seems like I have two on ARs.  

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 4:42:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I just yesterday received my fourth Bushnell TRS-25 via the Brown Truck.  I love 'em.  3 m.o.a. dot; lifetime warranty.  Same size and weight as the Aimpoint micro at 1/5 the price....plus there's a 20% rebate right now, which brings the cost down to about $80.  

Unless you have an application pending for the Rambolistas Club, I'd strongly recommend the TRS-25.  I'm using one on a Glock, one on a 10-22 that's converted to an Archangel, one on my new Ruger 22/45, and one on an AR.  Maybe I have five, rather than four.  I'll have to do an inventory count.  Seems like I have two on ARs.  

Nothing against them, but they only do a two year warranty on RDS. Still good bang for the buck.

I don't understand why they have not been able to decode/replicate the aimpoint low power RDS. Lots of quality contenders, but nobody has gotten close to their battery life.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top