Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2013 4:21:43 PM EDT
Had one come in the shop last week.

The seller was asking $300.00 which was way to low for a Mark 4 Tactical and that got my Spidey Senses tingling.

Long story short a quick call to Leupold verified my suspicions.

td

Link Posted: 3/17/2013 4:29:09 PM EDT
[#1]
They've been out for a while.

My old boss bought one. I knew it was off as soon as I saw it. Weight wasn't right.

Leupold has a webpage dedicated to them.

http://www.leupold.com/resources/counterfeit-warning/
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 4:54:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They've been out for a while.

My old boss bought one. I knew it was off as soon as I saw it. Weight wasn't right.

Leupold has a webpage dedicated to them.

http://www.leupold.com/resources/counterfeit-warning/

I referenced Leupold's counterfeit FAQ when evaluating the scope and it's handy info but far from accurate with the latest generation of counterfeits.

td
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Did it have a multi colored illuminated reticle? Some idiot on Craig's list posts one frequently, and brags about Iits red/green reticles...all for $800
Link Posted: 3/17/2013 5:25:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did it have a multi colored illuminated reticle? Some idiot on Craig's list posts one frequently, and brags about Iits red/green reticles...all for $800

Probably the same scope,,,,,

td
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:08:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We need to make a point to follow his ads and flag them everytime we see them.  

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#6]
is this the guy with the fake? he has 4 ads on there for the same scope at $800....

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/for/3684919569.html
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:46:02 AM EDT
[#7]
not the one i have seen previously.  that guy was in south ga, (cordele, i think) and didn't have pictures.you'd think for $800, he'd at least tell you what power his scope is!

I think the bogus one I saw was a 4x12
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:08:53 PM EDT
[#9]
There's a certain outfitters store in Adel that had two of them in stock along with a fake prismatic last year.  They knew they were fake and didn't care til someone made a few phone calls.  They disappeared pretty quick after that.  

Y'all know that selling these is a felony right?
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:49:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

There's a certain outfitters store in Adel that had two of them in stock along with a fake prismatic last year.  They knew they were fake and didn't care til someone made a few phone calls.  They disappeared pretty quick after that.  

Y'all know that selling these is a felony right
Yes that store will try shit like that from time to time. What do you want to bet that they will do it again?

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 6:19:44 AM EDT
[#11]
If you look through the fakes against a white background - normally you can see imperfections in the clarity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top