Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2013 5:13:28 PM EDT
I have an extra one that is sitting around.  I already have 3 ARs and I figure I could just buy another upper if I want to change something up.  I paid $50 for this lower and on GB they are going for $250-300. I'm not rich like most of y'all,  and I figure I could use the money to buy the CMMG 6.5" .22lr barrel and bolt I need for the shorty rimfire upper I want.

I'm pretty possessive when it comes to my guns, and part of me doesn't want to get rid of the lower because I simply won't have it anymore. Its weird.

Anyway, would yall sell it to profit on this madness and use the money for another project?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not?  If you have enough receivers to cover the builds you would like to make, you might as well.  There's a really good chance that you can replace it later.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:33:15 PM EDT
[#2]
You logic is infallible.  Sell it to use the money for something you want and will use.  in other words it has no value to you as a lower but as cash for an upper you extract value.   Email me the specs and I may buy it.  I only have two AR's.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#3]
ya know, there might be some people around who would be wiling to buy it but agree to an understanding that they would sell it back if requested them to.

not me but I'm just saying...
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 6:49:16 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't need it right now, go for it.  I have a few things I don't need up for sale right now, and I've sold some to a friend for cost since he needed them for a build.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:50:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I would if I had an extra.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 3:42:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Your gonna love the 6.5" CMMG .22lr, I ran a few hundred rounds through mine yesterday with a SS Sparrow and it was some serious fun. Probably the most fun I've had shooting in a while. Are they back in stock?
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Your gonna love the 6.5" CMMG .22lr, I ran a few hundred rounds through mine yesterday with a SS Sparrow and it was some serious fun. Probably the most fun I've had shooting in a while. Are they back in stock?

Of course not. But maybe I can get on the list.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#8]
i know EXACTLY how you feel.   found MP15-22 locally,  didn't have the money,  had buyers for my .38 and 10/22,   dwelt on it 2 days before making decision.

in my mind you can always find a .38 and a 10/22, but hard to find the 15-22 right now.

ps.  i also wonder where people get all this money from
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:08:26 AM EDT
[#9]
You could feel good about it if you sold it to a friend who really needed it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:22:53 AM EDT
[#10]
I thought about selling as well but I am waiting to see. The anti gun crowd has just started to get ramped up
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 9:44:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm in the same boat, I had 2 stripped and one complete lower, sold the complete and one stripped. I now have 1 left---I do have a couple of complete ar's but could use the money to finish 2 uppers I'm finishing.  But in the current state of things I just don't know if I should hold on to it.  Not planning on doing another build any time soon but really would like to though
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#12]
By the time it becomes affordable again to buy an upper for it, lowers will already be back down to reasonable prices.  I would sell.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll give you my boxed set of Band of Brothers for it- oh, wait...
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'll give you my boxed set of Band of Brothers for it- oh, wait...

I've been waiting 7 years for that. I think we know who has it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 8:15:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Im not sure of what are you looking fo, but I have 2 extra uppers and no lowers. If interested, we can trade.

Quoted:
I have an extra one that is sitting around.  I already have 3 ARs and I figure I could just buy another upper if I want to change something up.  I paid $50 for this lower and on GB they are going for $250-300. I'm not rich like most of y'all,  and I figure I could use the money to buy the CMMG 6.5" .22lr barrel and bolt I need for the shorty rimfire upper I want.

I'm pretty possessive when it comes to my guns, and part of me doesn't want to get rid of the lower because I simply won't have it anymore. Its weird.

Anyway, would yall sell it to profit on this madness and use the money for another project?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top