Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 7:39:36 AM EDT
I just snapped this out my back window. I had caught a squirrel in my Havahart (poor name in this case) live
trap earlier this morning when this hawk swooped in & started attacking it thru the cage. He got tired of that
after about 3 minutes. Now he's been perched up in a tree about 15' away, keeping an eye on it for the last
15 minutes & counting.

I'll report back on the outcome later.

I have a feeling this isn't going to work out well for the squirrel.

]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 8:23:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I have got to get me a trap!

This guy hangs around my back yard

ETA why in the hell is tiny pic always rotating my pictures!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have got to get me a trap!

This guy hangs around my back yard
http://i46.tinypic.com/2yzefcy.jpg

ETA why in the hell is tiny pic always rotating my pictures!

I think yer just holdin' the camera sideways....
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#3]
We have one that routinely lands on our porch and stares at us through the storm door.  It's cool in a creepy kind of way.  I'll try to get pics next time it does it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:23:18 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got the now dead squirrel spread eagled on the top of the trap.
I'll try & get a picture if Mr. Hawk returns. Once this rain stops, maybe he'll be on the move.

Last week I found a partially eaten squirrel carcuss that had washed off the roof during a hard rain.

I've also seen an owl about the same size as the hawk hanging around by the trap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top