Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2012 6:25:16 PM EDT
No, it doesn't have antlers. This is my third season hunting, so I'm 3/3 i guess (all does). Just thought I'd share And a BFL of course

90-100yds. .30-06 180 grain CoreLokt factory round out of a Remington 760 pump-action rifle. Shot was head on, in her front right shoulder, but in the front. She dropped like hell. Exit wounds out of both her right and left side.

She look rough in that pic because I drug her a loonnnnngggggggg ways through some nasty stuff.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]

meat in the freezer
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats meat is meat.  I haven't seen one during legal hours yet this year.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:50:38 PM EDT
[#3]
What did you take her with?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

.30-06 180 grain CoreLokt factory round out of a Remington 760 pump-action rifle
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:08:50 PM EDT
[#5]

mine had horns kinda
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]
slackers, I have 6 so far.  going to chill the rest of the season, might shoot another or two, might not

congrats on the kill!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:42:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I hunt over near Alabama, north of Carrollton. I have only seen a few, but I haven't shot one yet. They are all over the trail cam, but seem to come out at night, or way early in the morning. I've spooked a few, and had one walk right next to me, but then moved when I was going to take the shot. Oh well. I'm only able to go on the weekends. I'll try one last time this week.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
slackers, I have 6 so far.  going to chill the rest of the season, might shoot another or two, might not

congrats on the kill!

6?!?!?!??!! Who eats them??? How many kids do you have??
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I hunt over near Alabama, north of Carrollton. I have only seen a few, but I haven't shot one yet. They are all over the trail cam, but seem to come out at night, or way early in the morning. I've spooked a few, and had one walk right next to me, but then moved when I was going to take the shot. Oh well. I'm only able to go on the weekends. I'll try one last time this week.

I havn't been able to come home and hunt because of school, finals, and work (all north of ATL). She popped out just after sunset and walked slowly around until I got my nerves down and dropped her. She was alone, which made me sad. I was going to try to get several...
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 8:52:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

congrats on the kill!

6?!?!?!??!! Who eats them??? How many kids do you have??

I don't buy meat throughout the year unless it's chicken or fish.  I have a son, that's it.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:36:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

.30-06 180 grain CoreLokt factory round out of a Remington 760 pump-action rifle

I had a Remington 760 Pump in 270; gotta be honest; not my favorite gun.  Thing kicked like a mule, but it went bang every time.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
.30-06 180 grain CoreLokt factory round out of a Remington 760 pump-action rifle.

Congrats!

And great rifle btw

Here's mine in a after action shot from earlier in the season...I shoot 150gr Core Lokts.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 2:24:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Ok big tex?? Whats up with the name and u got on a Nebraska shirt?? Just saying!
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#14]
have any of yall ever had a deer canned? there is a school in eastanolee?{stephens co) that you can take cubed meat to and they will cook and can it in quarts (tin) for .75 a can. it is amazing. tender and spiced right. 5 average deer got 85 quarts. put it on a shelf and last a while.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Ok big tex?? Whats up with the name and u got on a Nebraska shirt?? Just saying!

born and raised in Texas. my family moved here and all of my football and wrestling buddies just called me Tex. my parents are both from Nebraska. my dad went to UNL and i was accepted to go to school there but i went to a little school in North Carolina to play ball
looking forward to a good game the first
Go Big Red
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top