Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2012 4:56:38 PM EDT
After reading http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1409615_Spoke_with_a_staff_member_of_Senator_Isakson__R__about_the_gun_situation_EDIT_TO_ANSWER_QUESTIONS.html&page=1, I contacted Senators Isakson and Chambliss, as well as my Representative.

Call, e-mail, or even visit their offices, but keep the pressure on them!
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Will do but thanks to redistricting (gerrymandering for race) we are now stuck with this fool.

Congressman Hank "Will the ISLAND of Guam tip over" Johnson.

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh wow.  You need to move Monk!
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
and don't forget our other Senator saxby while we're at it

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Just finished writing Saxby and Johnny, and Tom Price the below.  Edit: copy of email sent to Boehner.

Mr. Price,

I am writing you to express my desire that you stand firm and not give your support to any possible or future legislation that restricts the rights of gun owners in this country.  I assume with the upcoming "fiscal cliff" we are facing as a nation that a compromise of some sort will need to be worked out between the Republicans and Democrats, and that gun control, or some type of restrictions on guns, ammunition, or magazine capacity will be used as one of the bargaining chips.  Mr. Price, I ask that you stand firm on this, and DO NOT SUPPORT any legislation that places ANY restrictions on gun owners.

Mr. Price, I am writing you this on Christmas night as I take this issue very seriously, and feel that there is a real possibility that the Democrats will offer to raise the income bracket on tax increases in exchange for some type of gun restrictions, be it magazine limits, ammunition regulations, or an outright gun ban.  Sir, it is vitally important that the Republican party stand fast and not cave in on any type of legislation that will infringe upon the God given rights provided in our Constitution.  

I will not support any candidate that votes yes on any legislation that has any type of gun restrictions in it, and I will make sure that I spread the word to my fellow gun owners to do the same.  To take it a step further, any money that is "saved" as a result of tax breaks, lower taxes, as well as money not spent on gun items WILL be sent to the campaign running against said candidate that supported gun restrictions.

Thank you very much,
me

Mr. Boehner,

I am writing you to express my desire that you stand firm and not give your support to any possible or future legislation that restricts the rights of gun owners in this country.  I assume with the upcoming "fiscal cliff" we are facing as a nation that a compromise of some sort will need to be worked out between the Republicans and Democrats, and that gun control, or some type of restrictions on guns, ammunition, or magazine capacity will be used as one of the bargaining chips.  Mr. Boehner, I ask that you stand firm on this, and DO NOT SUPPORT any legislation that places ANY restrictions on gun owners.  I understand that our form of government requires give and take.  In this instance, there is no need for the taking of rights given to us by our Creator.  

Mr. Boehner, I am writing you this on Christmas night as I take this issue very seriously, and feel that there is a real possibility that the Democrats will offer to raise the income bracket on tax increases in exchange for some type of gun restrictions, be it magazine limits, ammunition regulations, or an outright gun ban.  Sir, it is vitally important that the Republican party stand fast and not cave in on any type of legislation that will infringe upon the God given rights provided in our Constitution.  

Mr. Boehner, the potential "fiscal cliff" that this nation is facing cannot, and should not be solved by taking away, or restricting rights we are guaranteed simply to appease the Democrats.  As most intelligent people know, you cannot fix a spending issue without cutting spending.  I understand the Republicans would like to keep the tax rate increase from affecting all people, but realize you will have to make some type of concessions, and the last I heard was people under $1M.  My fear is that to get that limit, or as close as possible, say $750K, you (meaning the Republicans) will give something not associated with money, such as magazine restrictions, ammunition taxes, or an outright gun ban, to keep that limit as close to $1M as possible.  

Mr. Boehner, please understand, this should not be up for debate.  Nothing short of an outright confiscation of guns, followed by a door-to-door forced search of homes would have prevented that tragedy in Connecticut two weeks ago.  Attempting to legislate a solution would require the infringement of not just the Second Amendment, but many others.  Is that something you would support?  I think not.  Sir, the Republican party cannot be a part of selling the rights of American citizens for short term gains in an effort to fix an issue that should never have become an issue in the first place.  

In the event future legislation is put forth that attempts to limit the ability of law abiding Americans to own firearms, ammunition, magazines of any size, I will actively work on the campaign of any candidate that runs against the supporter of said legislation.  In addition, any money "saved" as a result of tax breaks, limits, etc, that I realize due to legislation that is passed along with gun restrictions, will be sent to the campaign of any candidate that runs in opposition to the gun banning legislator.  I have informed both of my Senators, and my Congressman of this, and hope that they stand firm.

Thank you very much,
me
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 5:55:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just finished writing Saxby and Johnny, and Tom Price the below:

Mr. Price,

I am writing you to express my desire that you stand firm and not give your support to any possible or future legislation that restricts the rights of gun owners in this country.  I assume with the upcoming "fiscal cliff" we are facing as a nation that a compromise of some sort will need to be worked out between the Republicans and Democrats, and that gun control, or some type of restrictions on guns, ammunition, or magazine capacity will be used as one of the bargaining chips.  Mr. Price, I ask that you stand firm on this, and DO NOT SUPPORT any legislation that places ANY restrictions on gun owners.

Mr. Price, I am writing you this on Christmas night as I take this issue very seriously, and feel that there is a real possibility that the Democrats will offer to raise the income bracket on tax increases in exchange for some type of gun restrictions, be it magazine limits, ammunition regulations, or an outright gun ban.  Sir, it is vitally important that the Republican party stand fast and not cave in on any type of legislation that will infringe upon the God given rights provided in our Constitution.  

I will not support any candidate that votes yes on any legislation that has any type of gun restrictions in it, and I will make sure that I spread the word to my fellow gun owners to do the same.  To take it a step further, any money that is "saved" as a result of tax breaks, lower taxes, as well as money not spent on gun items WILL be sent to the campaign running against said candidate that supported gun restrictions.

Thank you very much,
me

AWESOME.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:06:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Here is what I got from Lynn Wesrmoreland:

Thank you for contacting me to express your concerns about the recent shooting at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. I sincerely appreciate the benefit of your views.  

This was a very tragic event, and Joan and I extend our condolences to the family and friends of victims of the shooting. As a father of three and grandfather of seven, I am hopeful that a full investigation will quickly get to the bottom of this terrible incident. Investigators need to understand the underlying problems with the individual who committed this horrific crime. I hope that an extensive review of the particular circumstances involved will help address mental health problems, which are some of the underlying issues associated with this horrific event.    

I believe that at its core the problem in this case is not the absence of law, but a lack of understanding about the sometimes dangerous aspects of mental health issues.  Parents, teachers, school administrators and students need to be working together to watch for warning signs associated with dangerous behaviors.  In addition, doctors and medical researchers need to conduct further research into mental health issues and the warning signs associated with dangerous mental behavior.

Some are calling for additional gun control measures, and I understand their concerns and the need for that discussion.  As part of this debate going forward, we must keep in mind that there are those who want to take guns away on our homefront while we arm those who are fighting for freedom abroad. History has shown that additional gun control measures will have little impact on criminals, but they will significantly affect law-abiding citizens. Criminals, by definition, simply do not follow the law. The best way to address gun violence is to promote a respect for human life. What we must do as a nation is enforce the laws that are already in statute in order to have a positive impact in reducing crime.  

In order to properly address these issues and prevent them in the future we need to work as a community to fully understand mental health issues and warning signs, and provide proper care for those who need it, while ensuring those who are, or can be, a danger to themselves or the community are not allowed access to weapons.  

Thank you for contacting me on this important issue. Hearing the views of all Georgians gives me the opportunity to better understand how important issues could impact the people of Georgia and the future interests of the nation. In that regard, your input is most helpful.  
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you.  I think I did a little better to Boehner, as I had a little more time to think.  We all need to pass the word.  I can very easily see this happening.  The Rs want the income limit set at $1M, and are very hard in their stance on that.  I can see dropping down to $750k if "all" they have to give up are high cap mags.  And if they get a grandfather clause in there, they look like winners to all the middle of the road Rs, undecideds (which are really just stupid people that pull the lever for whomever they recognize name-wise), and right tilting lefties.  However, any give on this should be met with strong opposition, and only if people stand strong will there be a chance to fight this.

If you know a new gun owner, and who doesn't right now?  You need to reach out to them and get them on-board.  They bought that EBR for a reason.  Now they need to stand up for that reason.

Sorry, I got on a soapbox and couldn't get off it.

Thanks,
Brian

Edited with a rant.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Will do but thanks to redistricting (gerrymandering for race) we are now stuck with this fool.

Congressman Hank "Will the ISLAND of Guam tip over" Johnson.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3d/Hank_Johnson_Official.jpg/220px-Hank_Johnson_Official.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNZczIgVXjg

Not to hijack the thread or speak poorly of your House Representative Monk, but here's Hank's latest hit.  

Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oh wow.  You need to move Monk!

We are in his district by one single stinking street.

Monk

Quoted:
SNIP

Not to hijack the thread or speak poorly of your House Representative Monk, but here's Hank's latest hit.  
http://youtu.be/XVSK52mmfTI

He is a mental midget.
In the past he has blamed his mental lapse on complication from his Hep C.

I'll be spending some time during my vacation this week writing both my federal and state representatives.
We have a big battle in DC but we shouldn't forget about the other battles here at home.

Monk
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#10]
From another thread

Quoted:
I had lunch today with a staff member for Sen. Isakson regarding any new gun ban. She was 100% on top of her game and presented me with statistics that are used by both sides to debate gun legislation. I was IMPRESSED to say the least.

I was happy to learn that they do not expect any type of new firearm legislation to pass regarding firearms.

Here is the bad news.

They do expect a ban on high capacity magazines over 10 rounds on a national level. I will not go into detail, but that is the expectation right now.

Good luck everyone and Merry Christmas.

ETA #1: I will go into detail since it was asked. There is a chance the GOP will cave on the high cap magazine issue in trade for pushing the tax on the rich up to $750K - $1M mark in stead of the $250K - $400K on the table now.
ETA #2: Because I am dumb...I did not ask the question about grandfather magazines. I doubt I asked because a pure ban on those items would be so hard to enforce. At least in my opinion.

Here is an example of why we need to contact them and let them know it is not OK to cave on a damn thing.

Monk
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#11]
The republicans know they can throw gun owners under the bus because there is no alternative party. If Isakson and Saxby throw us under the bus  I will start supporting liberal democrats.at least I know what I am getting up front.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 8:54:18 PM EDT
[#12]
I will pour a glass of blantons tomorrow night and start my letters.
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 9:19:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Done
Link Posted: 12/25/2012 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#14]
If you and Chambliss cave or negotiate away what type of magazine or firearm we can  own you will lose reelection. Me, my family, friends will either vote for a true patriot that understands the true meaning of the 2nd Amendment, or stay at home.

This is what I sent Isakson
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 1:06:35 AM EDT
[#15]
While I think that thread was junk, I did write both senators and my rep, who is the one I'm least worried about, to reiterate what I will do if they vote for any gun restrictions.

"Let me be clear,

Trading ANY of our rights, including an 'assault weapon' ban or 'hi capacity' magazine ban, for short term tax benefits for anyone, will result in losing a vote from this lifelong Georgia Republicsn as well as active campaigning for any of your future opposition. Stay strong on our RIGHTS! There is no trading them for anything!"
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:16:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow, this should be a FIREMISSION. Jack Kingston has a poll on his home page, I think this link should take you there. https://kingston.house.gov/forms/form/default.aspx?ID=2340

Not sure if it should be linked from here or not so left cold.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 5:48:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Wow, this should be a FIREMISSION. Jack Kingston has a poll on his home page, I think this link should take you there. https://kingston.house.gov/forms/form/default.aspx?ID=2340

Just hit it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:11:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just hit it.

Done.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 6:55:57 AM EDT
[#19]
did my part      

FOR THE COMPUTER CHALLENGED HOW DO YOU ACCESS THE FORMS AFTER YOU FIND THE MAIN PAGE?

Congressman Kingston,

appreciate everything you do and you have a good name in the trenches

I am writng to ask you not to give an inch on any new assault weapons ban, which as you already know is just an attempt from anti 2nd ammendment people to get the ball rolling towards total gun confiscation.

i realize there is a feeding frenzy right now, but again i urge you NOT to give up anything.

yours truely,
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:56:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Gave the template my own flare. Feel free to plagiarize:

I am writing you to express my desire that you stand firm and not give your support to any possible or future legislation that restricts the rights of gun owners in this country. I ask that you stand firm on this, and DO NOT SUPPORT any legislation that places ANY restrictions on law abiding gun owners. We have over 20,000 current gun laws that are in place; we do not need more. We have tried similar bans and there is NO empirical evidence that they worked and similar shootings happened under the first AWB include Columbine. As you know, criminals do not obey laws. Feinstein's proposed AWB is overreaching and misguided.  I appreciate your support and will return the favor at the ballot box.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Here's my first letter to Isakson and Chambliss, also; feel free to use all or any part of:

Senator Johnny Isakson
131 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

December 27, 2012

Dear Senator Isakson,

Recently Senator Feinstein has announced her intention to introduce a new Assault Weapons Ban.  As one of your constituents, who has supported you since 2004; I am asking and expecting you to vocally oppose any new regulations on:
1.Owning of any specific pistol, rifle or shotgun.
2.Registration of any pistol, rifle or shotgun owned, sold, or passed to ones heirs.
Senator Isakson, we both know that it’s not the pistols, rifles or shotguns that commit the crime; it’s individuals.  Whether the individuals are criminals or mentally deficient, this is where the focus in reducing violence needs to be.  
We also know that history shows, registration of firearms is the first step toward eventual confiscation.  This is contrary to what our founding Fathers intended and contrary to what our constitution allows.  
Please use your Statesmanship and position within the Senate to defeat Senator Feinstein’s upcoming bill.  I can be reached at anytime at xxx-xxx-xxxx to discuss this issue.  
Thank you,

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:39:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Here's my first letter to Isakson and Chambliss, also; feel free to use all or any part of:

Senator Johnny Isakson
131 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

December 27, 2012

Dear Senator Isakson,

Recently Senator Feinstein has announced her intention to introduce a new Assault Weapons Ban.  As one of your constituents, who has supported you since 2004; I am asking and expecting you to vocally oppose any new regulations on:
1.Owning of any specific pistol, rifle or shotgun.
2.Registration of any pistol, rifle or shotgun owned, sold, or passed to ones heirs.
Senator Isakson, we both know that it’s not the pistols, rifles or shotguns that commit the crime; it’s individuals.  Whether the individuals are criminals or mentally deficient, this is where the focus in reducing violence needs to be.  
We also know that history shows, registration of firearms is the first step toward eventual confiscation.  This is contrary to what our founding Fathers intended and contrary to what our constitution allows.  
Please use your Statesmanship and position within the Senate to defeat Senator Feinstein’s upcoming bill.  I can be reached at anytime at xxx-xxx-xxxx to discuss this issue.  
Thank you,

Wow - some of you guys should run for office yourself!
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:48:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've been thinking about it for awhile, but it costs a lot of money, even local races.  Plus, I'm not even sure my wife would vote for me.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been thinking about it for awhile, but it costs a lot of money, even local races.  Plus, I'm not even sure my wife would vote for me.

Well, I don't know you, but based on the above post, I cannot help but think you'd be better than most in office.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#25]
I have John Lewis in my area. I'm not impressed thus far

My letter basically stated " my obligation lies not with a party but with the preservation of the principles this country was founded upon!
There would be no party loyalty when compromises are offered that hinder any right under the bill of rights. I would not hesitate to vote against you should you support any scapegoat legislation to blame guns for mental issues or pisspoor parenting!

Sincerely
-1 Angry American"
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have John Lewis in my area. I'm not impressed thus far

My letter basically stated " my obligation lies not with a party but with the preservation of the principles this country was founded upon!
There would be no party loyalty when compromises are offered that hinder any right under the bill of rights. I would not hesitate to vote against you should you support any scapegoat legislation to blame guns for mental issues or pisspoor parenting!

Sincerely
-1 Angry American"

Damn that's a good one. I may use this in what is becoming my daily emails to our "public servants".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top