Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/22/2012 6:09:37 AM EDT
I've noticed the "Signature Required" subject come up a lot lately; yes, it is a pain in the ass to be waiting for that barrel to finish your build, only to come home to a UPS InfoNotice stuck to your door because you weren't home to sign for it.  

I don't know how many of you are aware, but there is a solution that enables you to receive signature-required packages, even when you are not at home.

Go here: UPS My Choice

Register- it's free, and the CIA is not going to come shoot your dog!

After you register, you can log into UPS My Choice, enter a tracking number for an expected package that requires a signature, and "Authorize Shipment Release."  When the man in the BBT shows up with your stuff, his DIAD (that thing he carries that looks like a Speak and Spell) will tell him that the package has already been signed for, and he will leave it on your doorstep.  

Too easy!    

*Full disclosure:  When I am not on active duty (I have been since 01 August 2011), I work for UPS in operations.  I don't stand to make any profit from this, I had nothing to do with the development and implementation of this, and I didn't find out, myself, about the new system until about a month ago.  I <3 logistics.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 11:28:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Learn something new every day.  Thanks for the info.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats some helpful stuff right there.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:29:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Seems like a good way for packages to go "missing"
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#5]
A great service. I use it for changing deliveries all the time on packages shipped via UPS. If I am ordering ammo or something, I usually would rather it not go to my apartment office, and I often can't make it to the office during normal hours, so I use the change delivery feature to have it held at the terminal for free. The local one  to me is fairly close by and not a big deal to get to at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top