Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2012 3:54:50 PM EDT
I find that I will be in the Augusta area for a few days and unfortunatly my Ohio CCW is not valid in Georgia, could somebody give me the prefered method of transport and storage for an out of towner spending the holidays in the area.

thanks in advance
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:22:41 PM EDT
[#1]
In the car. No restrictions there, its an extension of your personal property.

I will be having the exact opposite problem. I will be in Ohio.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:34:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I have suppliers in Ohio.....exactly why I'm getting a Florida non resident ................
and enjoy the firearms friendly state of Ga..........and while you are in Augusta.... Rae's Coastal Cafe........best filet you ever put in yer mouth
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#3]
drive by Pennsylvania on your way here and get your LTCF its good in Georgia and only about 20-25$ and good for 5 years(you have to apply in person now) most sheriffs issue on the spot
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In the car. No restrictions there, its an extension of your personal property.

I will be having the exact opposite problem. I will be in Ohio.

huh?

you can carry in "Your" car OP...not your moms, dads aunts etc
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:02:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the advise.
I will be visiting my oldest at Gordon for the holidays.

So I will also be wishing all of the natives a happy Thanksgiving also.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:45:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Is he enlisted or officer.......lots of memories of Ft. Boredom.............spent almost 2 years total there on and off for various schools
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#7]
If you keep your handgun out-of-sight, e.g., console, glove compartment, then the chances of anybody's raising an issue about your having it in your vehicle are somewhere between infinitesimal and zero, but probably a lot closer to zero.

Seems-to-me that I recall that the GA Code requires that one be "eligible to be issued a Georgia Weapons License," in order to carry a loaded firearm in one's vehicle.  I know that precludes 18-20 yr-olds from legally carrying in a vehicle, but don't know if that also includes out-of-staters, who also aren't eligible for a GA Weapons License.  Code doesn't specify that it has to be "your" vehicle...can be any vehicle.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:09:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Is he enlisted or officer.......lots of memories of Ft. Boredom.............spent almost 2 years total there on and off for various schools

Enlisted, Navy, been there about 8 months, in school. seems to like it though

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top