Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2012 8:43:43 PM EDT
I have vacation set up this week, and thinking about using tomorrow (today/Monday) to make a run to Creekside to do some overdue shooting. It's kinda far, which I don't mind so much (been up there for a few classes), but I'd really hate to get there only to find I missed something and a day at the range will not be possible. So, with that in mind, is there anything I need to do other than show up with my money in hand? Secret password? Solve a riddle to get the gate to open? I don't need to let em know I'm coming do I? Calendar says open...

I feel kinda dumb asking this, but would rather feel dumb asking than dumb having to turn back. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 8:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have vacation set up this week, and thinking about using tomorrow (today/Monday) to make a run to Creekside to do some overdue shooting. It's kinda far, which I don't mind so much (been up there for a few classes), but I'd really hate to get there only to find I missed something and a day at the range will not be possible. So, with that in mind, is there anything I need to do other than show up with my money in hand? Secret password? Solve a riddle to get the gate to open? I don't need to let em know I'm coming do I? Calendar says open...

I feel kinda dumb asking this, but would rather feel dumb asking than dumb having to turn back. Thanks!

Something about the speed of some damn bird... They wouldn't let me in
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 12:47:13 AM EDT
[#2]
If the calendar says open, you are GTG.  Just sign in at the shack next to the pistol pit.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 2:37:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Bring cash. They aren't set up to do cards anymore.

And it should go without saying, but wear closed toe shoes.

Seems every time I'm up there at least one person tries to pay with a card, and they send someone away because they are in tactical flip flops.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 5:38:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Awesome, thanks guys.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Seems every time I'm up there at least one person tries to pay with a card, and they send someone away because they are in tactical flip flops.

SINCE WHEN?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 7:27:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Wearing open toe shoes would be self correcting once you catch a hot piece of brass between your toes.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:28:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wearing open toe shoes would be self correcting once you catch a hot piece of brass between your toes.

But they're TACTICAL flip flops.

This is insanity.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:39:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is insanity.

They come in a platform version for midgets
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is insanity.

They will just never understand us ....
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Made it out there today, had a decent range day, thanks again. Aside from goofing on the 1 shot per 3 second rule once or twice, which I kept forgetting about, no issues
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is insanity.

I'm actually working with Merrell right now to develop a new flip flop with 1000D cordura straps complete with MIL STD picatinny rails on the tops of them. It will also have a spare round/battery storage compartment in the heel. Needless to say, they will conform with IR visibility standards.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:40:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is insanity.

I'm actually working with Merrell right now to develop a new flip flop with 1000D cordura straps complete with MIL STD picatinny rails on the tops of them. It will also have a spare round/battery storage compartment in the heel. Needless to say, they will conform with IR visibility standards.

Will they be available in Coyote brown or Multicam?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top