Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2012 11:50:36 AM EDT
Please take a minute to and tell them you love them. I received a call this morning that my daughter and two of her friends had been in an auto accident in Jacksonville NC. They were on their way home from visiting my daughter's boyfriend who was  on leave this weekend (USMC), and the young driver somehow lost control of his truck and over corrected flipping the truck 4 times on the interstate.

Thank God there are no serious injuries, the worst to her friend who broke her shoulder. My daughter only suffered minor cuts and bruising as did the driver. They were all wearing their seatbelts which saved their lives. My daughter was knocked unconcious by the roof of the truck collapsing.

I'm not big on prayer, but I've been thanking God all day these kids are still alive. For all you first responders out there, thank you from the bottom of my heart for what you do everyday.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Glad they are ok.  Mine is still only 4, I deed the day I get a call like that.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#2]

They are fragile things.  This was just from a 3 foot fall off the back of a couch.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 2:46:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Good to hear there were no MAJOR injuries or worse.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Glad it was not worse. My two kids are in their twenties now - love to hear from them but when the phone rings - always a little fear of car wreck, etc.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Scary stuff! Glad to hear the injuries were not any worse than they were.

Best wishes to all for a speedy recovery.

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone. It could have been much much worse.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 4:15:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
They were all wearing their seatbelts which saved their lives.

Good on your daughter and her friends.  Glad to hear they're doing ok and going to recover.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#9]
My girls are 2 and 3. Glad your daughter is ok!
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 1:13:06 PM EDT
[#10]
You never really know when the last time you'll get to see a loved one will be. I'm so thankful that your daughter and her friends are OK.

Book, I didn't know you just had a little one. Congratulations!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 9:43:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Big stick, any update on how they are doing?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#12]
My daughter is doing pretty well, thanks for asking. She's bruised up and sore, but mostly she's emotional still. Here's the truck she was in:

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:25:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Yikes! Where was she sitting?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Glad they're OK.
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Glad they are ok and will heal up with no severe injuries.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:07:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks everyone. She was in the front passenger seat. She has very minor injuries, and the driver had none, both wore their seat belts. The girl in the back where there is little damage to the truck suffered the worst injury, and of course she wasn't wearing a seatbelt. She gets to have surgery on her shoulder now.

I thank god my daughter was wearing hers or she would have probably been ejected through the windshield and could have died.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Glad your daughter and her friends are recovering.
Pretty scary seeing the damage the truck suffered.

Monk
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#18]
The worst part to me is the cause. It turns out that the kid driving was trying to scare the girls and was joking about going off the road. He pulled to right and went over the shoulder, then over corrected flipping it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:17:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The worst part to me is the cause. It turns out that the kid driving was trying to scare the girls and was joking about going off the road. He pulled to right and went over the shoulder, then over corrected flipping it.

Wow!

Not sure what to say here, except that this kid is damn lucky he didn't end up killing one or all of them. Looking at the pics of the truck, this could have easily gone very, very bad.

I don't know what the proper punishment would be, but there is a lesson here that needs to be taught. Preferably in a way he won't soon dismiss.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top