Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2012 4:15:13 AM EDT
I just bought a new PCP pellet gun and am wondering the best/cheapest place to buy a used scuba tank to refill my pellet gun. Anyone got any pointers?
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 4:46:17 AM EDT
[#1]
You need to be SCUBA Certified to get SCUBA tanks refilled or have someone do it for you that is certified.   Most paintball stores refill CO2 tanks on the cheap.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:06:32 AM EDT
[#2]
The words SCUBA and cheap don't go together.

But like mentioned above you won't be able to get it filled.
But scuba tanks are just compressed air so why not use a regular air compressor since tit won't be breathing it any way
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:08:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The words SCUBA and cheap don't go together.

But like mentioned above you won't be able to get it filled.
But scuba tanks are just compressed air so why not use a regular air compressor since tit won't be breathing it any way

Scuba tanks are 2500 PSI plus. typical compressors are 150-200 tops.

I'd call a store and look to by a fairly recently inspected used one on craigslist. Theres no law on having them, just their personal liability / rules.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/spo/3112889851.html

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/spo/3052811821.html
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 8:23:46 AM EDT
[#4]
most paintball places....actually all of them, have "nitro" (compressed air) as well as Co2.

They should fill up to 5000psi

I had a 68cu/5000psi tank for paintball, and it was awesome

just make sure the tank is up to date for its inspection (hydrotesting)
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 10:49:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Why a scuba tank when so many co2 tanks are available ? The problem is getting the right valve where a paintball store can fill it...
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 11:04:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I need air because co2 is very temperature sensitive for precision pellet guns.
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#7]
There are a few issues with used scuba tanks. Most of the info that you need to know will be stamped on the neck of the bottle. Max pressure will be there.  If the bottle is out of hydro testing that will cost you up to $100.  It I also could fail so you will have to scrap the bottle.

New tanks are not that expensive and will give you 5 years before you need to hydro

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top