Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2012 5:03:17 PM EDT
I am pleased as punch with it.  I had been wanting a very specific ACOG, TA31RCO-A4 for years (do not own any others) but had always been stymied $$$ wise by home repairs, car repairs, or kid repairs

A month or so, reading a thread on ARFCOM, I found out what pre-ban lowers go for out of state. After checking my trusty old service rifle, heck yeah, pre-ban bushy in awesome condition.  Cash in, cash out on the ACOG.  I got it in the mail from a good gent on the EE on Monday, and am just pleased as punch with it.  Ordered up a fresh stripped A4 upper from PSA, and will be swapping out an A2 for a flattop as soon as they decide to ship it, and taking my shiny new A4 clone with ACOG up to the range to zero, and bust some steel.  Had a M5 RAS sitting here for a year or more just waiting in case the gods decided I finally needed an ACOG.

Old guys, check your safes, there might be treasure in pre-ban lowers there   Young guys, buy more toys before you have kids.

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#1]
i got the chance to shoot an acog on top of a 308 scar this last weekend.  the scar was kind of meh in my opinion, but the acog was simply amazing.  i don't think i have ever seen anything that had the clarity of this scope. i am not sure of the model number, but it had the horseshoe reticle.  it is now my fantasy optic for my fantasy sbr/suppressed 300 black out rifle.

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

i got the chance to shoot an acog on top of a 308 scar this last weekend.  the scar was kind of meh in my opinion, but the acog was simply amazing.  i don't think i have ever seen anything that had the clarity of this scope. i am not sure of the model number, but it had the horseshoe reticle.  it is now my fantasy optic for my fantasy sbr/suppressed 300 black out rifle.

HAHA.  I just sold my Acog to fund an AAC 762-SDN-6 suppressor to go on an eventual 300 BLK upper.  I did order an 8" Noveske barrel tonight, but I'm Acogless.  Oh well...

Link Posted: 5/16/2012 5:57:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got an A4 upper hbar that needs one... I'll probably get one for it later this year.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've got an A4 upper hbar that needs one... I'll probably get one for it later this year.

Look...I've been meaning to talk to you. Ever since you graduated, you've been ballin' outta control...

I think you have a problem.
Link Posted: 5/16/2012 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look...I've been meaning to talk to you. Ever since you graduated, you've been ballin' outta control...

I think you have a problem.

I think the sun comes up in the morning.

I think fish crap underwater.

See, I can do it, too!

And I said later, not right now. Relax my son.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 3:06:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Look, at the rate I've been getting texts from you, I'm afraid of waking up and finding out you're on the street trying to peddle all the ACOGs and slide-fire stocks you bought.

OP, I have wanted the same exact model as you for years.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 3:28:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I wish I would have know you were looking for one. I had one I sold to my dad because it didn't go on eBay twice. I let him have it for $800.... I lost nearly $400 on it and all it was missing was the box. They are great optics. I just prefer the donut of death reticle.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 4:21:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I know they are built like a tank, but it makes me sick to think about paying NF money for something that is fixed power. The quality of the glass looks great, but so do alot of 4Xs.

ETA: I had a hard time buying my first T-1, First RMR, etc. Its nothing against the ACOG.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I've got a TA31 on my 17S.  It is a lot of money but factor in the fiber optics, tritium, small form factor and sheer reliability and you kind of see where the money goes.  It's no bargain but it is nice buying something and not having to baby it, feed it or ever worry about breaking it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I love mine. TA-31F on a 16" rainier match/DD upper. It is perfect for a do-all AR.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 4:58:24 PM EDT
[#11]
I had been wanting a very specific ACOG, TA31RCO-A4 for years (do not own any others) but had always been stymied $$$ wise by home repairs, car repairs, or kid repairs

Great optic, I picked up two of them last year for 16" M4s.
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 5:54:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Good deal, told you you'd like it....
Link Posted: 5/17/2012 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top