Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2012 12:30:06 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like a good shoot so far.....probably dont want to burglarize a home where "riflemen" lay their heads down nightly......

JACKSONVILLE, N.C.– Two Camp Lejeune Marines returned home early Sunday morning to find two men in their house. The intruders didn't make it out of the house alive.

33-year-old, Maurice Skinner and 33-year-old, Diego Everette were identified by police as the men killed in the burglary attempt. Both men are from Jacksonville.

Skinner and Everette were pronounced dead at the scene, but according to Jacksonville Police Chief, Mike Yaniero it is unlikely that anyone will be charged in the shooting.

"The investigation is ongoing, however at this time there is no evidence to suggest that criminal charges be filed."

Chief Yaniero says the department will increase their patrols in the neighborhood.

"We'll be in the neighborhood. We try to stay in those neighborhoods but we will be especially vigilant in that particular neighborhood in the next couple weeks."

Marine Corps officials have not released the names of the Marines who shot the intruders.

JACKSONVILLE, N.C. – Authorities continue to investigate a Sunday morning shooting during a burglary that left two intruders dead.
The shooting happened around 2 o'clock Sunday morning at 107 Country Club Drive.
According to police, three residents returned home to find two intruders in the house.
Police say the intruders attacked the residents and gunfire was exchanged. The two intruders killed have been identified as 33-year-old Diego Everett and 33-year-old Maurice Skinner, both from Jacksonville.
The three residents of the home were treated and released from Onslow Memorial Hospital. Two of the residents are active duty Marines based out of Camp Lejeune.
No charges have been filed at this time. Jacksonville police say they are working with NCIS and the Jacksonville District Attorney's Office on the case.

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to hear they didn't come home too late
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I KNOW this is just a coincidence, but the pics posted in the linked article would indicate that, should the Prez have a son, he'd look just like the shootees.  Let's hope there aren't marches and demonstrations about his one!
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 4:18:09 PM EDT
[#4]
There will not be any protests in Jacksonville NC over 2 Marines shooting 2 burglars!
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 3:38:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I wonder if they are gonna get homeland defense medals. Fragalistic, I thought that same thing. I hope those Marines aren't having a hard time dealing with this.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 3:57:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Let's follow this story and see if an investigation reveals it to have occurred as the news relates.   For all we know, those Marines might have been involved in a drug deal with the shootees and the deal went bad.  (I'm trying to be open-minded and giving the shootees credit for have some value as businessmen, instead of just common burglars!)
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Thought they had a bad day??  LOL!!   Read below.............

http://bbs.chinadaily.com.cn/thread-744542-1-1.html
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top