Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2012 3:28:51 PM EDT
The OPMOD Battle Mug is like no other mug you've seen! This massive mountain of a mug combines three Mil-Spec 1913 scope rails and a block ofimage CNC-machined 6061 T6 billet aluminum with the capacity to hold a sizable 24 ounces of your favorite frothy beverage. The OPMOD Battle Mug is built to military specs - the rails are real military-specification rails, the handle is an actual AR-15 carry handle mounted to one of the rails, and the body is serious hard-core metal, machined out of a 13.5-pound solid block of aluminum. You can load up the OP-MOD Battle Mug just like you would your trusty AR - pile on a scope, a laser sight, holo sight, or any other tactical gear you want. With its Mil-Spec Type III anodized finish and a crenelated base, the OP MOD Battle Mug is just as good for fending off foes as kicking back with a beer - though we recommend the latter. Each one is custom-engraved with its own unique serial number and includes a removable AR15 carry handle. Last but not definitely least - the OPMOD Battle Mug is proudly made in the USA!

Link

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Holy crap! If it wasn't $225+ I'd be all over it for my work mug...
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:41:15 PM EDT
[#2]

No.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#3]
That is about as wasteful and useless as a liberal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#4]
not much more can be said
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Sadly, I know someone who bought one of those.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sadly, I know someone who bought one of those.

why?

and has anyone else seen anything as tacticool as this recently?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw this....like two three years ago maybe? I think...

If I was a different type of person with different type of money, I'd buy it for kicks....even though I'd only drink water out of it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#8]
He had the money to burn and no I haven't.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:20:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 5:42:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, I want to know where you guys work if "24 ounces of your favorite frothy beverage beer" is a nessary item... As in, can haz application?
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:31:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Tactical.  :sigh:  Not a dig at the OP, at all, but this just the perfect place to vent something I've been thinking about in the last week.

Like synergy in corporate America or products in the Army, tactical is, perhaps, the most overused and abused word in the shooting sports- right next to operator.  There is absolutely nothing tactical about that mug.  Creative marketing, yes, but tactical, no.

I played a game the other day while I was tactically executing a heavy equipment drop over a wet LZ.  I was looking through a popular shooting/surplus catalog, and I decided to see if I could go a single page without seeing an item described as tactical.  I made it all the way to the last couple of pages (the challenge coins) before I found a page without it.

I found:
-tactical shorts (Freakin' really?  I've been going into combat underprepared! Flash-resistant long trousers are overrated- I need some nut-hugging, six-inches-above-the-knee, 1387434 pocket khaki shorts! They would look awesome with the "tactical" baseball catcher's shin guards!)
-tactical underwear
-tactical t-shirts
-tactical pens
-tactical handkerchiefs
And a boatload of other items described as tactical that had nothing to do with anything even resembling tactical.

From Merriam-Webster:
tactical (ˈtak-ti-kəl)
1: of or relating to combat tactics: as a (1) : of or occurring at the battlefront <a tactical defense> <a tactical first strike> (2) : using or being weapons or forces employed at the battlefront <tactical missiles> b of an air force : of, relating to, or designed for air attack in close support of friendly ground forces
2a : of or relating to tactics: as (1) : of or relating to small-scale actions serving a larger purpose (2) : made or carried out with only a limited or immediate end in view b : adroit in planning or maneuvering to accomplish a purpose

There is nothing tactical about shorts, my Army-issued brownie-tighties or t-shirts (even the high speed flash resistant ones with antimicrobial silver woven into them), ink pens, socks, skeet shooting vests that happen to be black, purses, can openers, fat people, beer mugs, and on and on and on.....

Okay, I'm done.  Back to making fun of the tactical beer mug that costs as much as a real gun part.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:33:38 PM EDT
[#12]
A gun store could use it to compare several different optics back to back
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Or put rails on a 4x4 or something else 100x cheaper...
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Tactical.  :sigh:  Not a dig at the OP, at all

Tacticool was my first word choice as the title
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:47:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that would have fit, perfectly.  I knew where you were going with it, but like I said, I saw an opening and vented.

I'm going to execute a tactical online retrograde and go to bed now.  I'm cranky and bitchy.  My tactical alarm clock is going to go off in five hours so that I may drive my tactical Chevy Malibu to tactical work.  I hope the tactical scanner/fax machine works tomorrow so I can get some tactical stuff done.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that would have fit, perfectly.  I knew where you were going with it, but like I said, I saw an opening and vented.

I'm going to execute a tactical online retrograde and go to bed now.  I'm cranky and bitchy.  My tactical alarm clock is going to go off in five hours so that I may drive my tactical Chevy Malibu to tactical work.  I hope the tactical scanner/fax machine works tomorrow so I can get some tactical stuff done.

Yeah I mean, tactical really just means that something is designed with a tactic in mind - underwear, for example, is a great piece of tactical gear. I've tried several brands but have honestly found that Target makes decent kit that won't break the bank.

Tactical.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:00:33 AM EDT
[#17]
i think it would be "fun novelty" item if it was molded out of 3oz of plastic and cost $5.99. I have spare chines carry handle that i would through on it for a laugh.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 5:55:15 AM EDT
[#18]
LOL Moose..  I loved reading that.....  

And here I just ordered an Acme Tactical Cookie Cutter HP, its guaranteed to cut thru the crustiest, thickest cookie goo you'll ever see whether in the kitchen or backwoods of wherever.  You mean they've mislead me?      

As to the original post, that's funny.  I know a few people that after a few beers could definitely use a laser sight or scope attached to their mug to help guide them to their target better...          

Link Posted: 3/29/2012 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#19]
so dumb that being said i really want one
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, I want to know where you guys work if "24 ounces of your favorite frothy beverage beer" is a nessary item... As in, can haz application?

Unfortunately I was referring to coffee... I don't think too many people would see the humor if I get a DUI while test driving a car for a rattle.
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

There is nothing tactical about shorts, my Army-issued brownie-tighties or t-shirts (even the high speed flash resistant ones with antimicrobial silver woven into them), ink pens, socks, skeet shooting vests that happen to be black, purses, can openers,fat people, beer mugs, and on and on and on.....

Okay, I'm done.  Back to making fun of the tactical beer mug that costs as much as a real gun part.

Bahahahaha
Link Posted: 3/29/2012 6:48:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or put rails on a 4x4 or something else 100x cheaper...

yea it really wasnt my idea I saw it on optics planet's user reviews. I do think it is rather stupid and makes us modern gun owners look somewhat like rich assholes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top