Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2012 6:28:48 PM EDT
Over 1.5 Million criminal background checks were run in the month of December.  Higher than any other month in history.  Over 500,000 checks were run on Black Friday alone in November.  

This doesn't count all the people with carry permits that don't have to run a background check, or private sales.  

That is pretty awesome.  I hope our local HTF gun shop owners did very well last month.  

http://www.krdo.com/news/30145524/detail.html
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Over 1.5 Million criminal background checks were run in the month of December.  Higher than any other month in history.  Over 500,000 checks were run on Black Friday alone in November.  

This doesn't count all the people with carry permits that don't have to run a background check, or private sales.  

That is pretty awesome.  I hope our local HTF gun shop owners did very well last month.  

http://www.krdo.com/news/30145524/detail.html

December was very good for us and for that I'm thankful.

I had a few slightly better months right after "O" was elected and they could have been many times better than December '11 however the supply was depleted nationwide at the time.

TD  

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:41:40 PM EDT
[#2]
If O ever gets re-elected, and I pray he doesn't, you know he is coming after guns.  He has said recently that he didn't forget about them, but had more important issues to deal with.   So if that happens, you may see another profitable rush on guns, where jurstified or not.  

I am glad your sales were so good last month.   Some of my local shops have high prices and poor inventory, and they may not be around much longer.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:56:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I was one of those. I plan on buying all I can afford this year just in case.  I could see Odumbo "going it alone" once again and institute another AWB.  I think we will have bigger problems though for this to be a priority.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:02:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I am very disappointed I was not part of this historic statistic. Very. I must realign my priorities immediately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top