Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2012 3:17:04 AM EDT
My father is going to Ohio to work at a cooper tire plant as a temp during a lock out.  He has no ga carry permit.  He was warned of the dangers and is considering taking a pistol.  Good idea or bad?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:46:18 AM EDT
[#1]
"Taking a pistol" and "Carrying" are two different things.

He could probably legally have it in his car (barring any local laws), but I think carrying it on his person without a permit is a very bad idea.

YMMV
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:50:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I am pretty sure that loaded in the car is also a no go without a permit.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:25:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am pretty sure that loaded in the car is also a no go without a permit.

Yea that's what I was thinking to.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:27:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know, not up on Ohio laws. I'm guessing it's one of the less "gun-friendly" states.

When you start messing around out-of-state it's always best to err on the side of caution. I'm gonna stick with bad idea.

ETA: This brings up another point. . . If he can get a GWL he needs to do it.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:48:29 AM EDT
[#5]
If he can get permission to carry on the job from the Cooper tire plant, he can do it legally.  Just like you can in your own home.   If you have permission, you don't need a permit as it is private property.   But outside the plant, is a whole other story.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:11:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Ohio doesn't (or didn't last year)  have reciprocity with GA anyway.  See if he can get a out of state from FL.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:44:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Yea he's just SOL.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top