Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 8:32:52 PM EDT
To all who live in the Henry Co area be on alert. Over the past two weeks we have had several violent acts happen to innocent people in our county.
Just wanted to pass it along that we seem to have a growing problem on our hands. These recent crimes have taken place in homes, fast food restaurants, convenance stores and even a local daycare...
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#1]
While I live no where near Henry county, what has been happening?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Repeated armed robberies... Hell a woman was robbed @ 4:30 in the afternoon wile picking her child up at a local daycare
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:25:35 PM EDT
[#3]
And that is one of the reasons I removed myself from McDonough/Henry Co.  I saw the writing on the wall about a year ago.  Something tells me it is just gonna get worse.  Clayton Co. all over again.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I agree... I hate it here it is a shame as I have lived here 27 years.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:33:10 AM EDT
[#5]
hey, need any house guests for a couple of weeks, sounds like a nice vacation from the macon area
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:09:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And that is one of the reasons I removed myself from McDonough/Henry Co.  I saw the writing on the wall about a year ago.  Something tells me it is just gonna get worse.  Clayton Co. all over again.

My thoughts exactly... I grew up in Henry Co.

Heck, back when I was a punk kid Southlake Mall was a safe place to hang out

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:02:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My thoughts exactly... I grew up in Henry Co.

Heck, back when I was a punk kid Southlake Mall was a safe place to hang out

+1

My family got out of Clayton County in 1996, when things had taken a turn for the worst (thanks in part to the pre-Olympics displacement of the Techwood residents, who were moved to Clayton).

Henry County was great then, but I saw it start to turn into Clayton County #2 around 2005, and pulled the ejection handles.  I'll never go back.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Ejected from Riverdale (Clayton County) in 1986. Wound up there after migrating from East Point. Left 3 weeks after graduation and never looked back. RIverdale was like American Graffiti growing up. An article ran in Jet magazine naming Clayton as one of the best paces to live and 3 years later and people are getting car jacked in the wal mart parking lot on Hwy 85 and stabbed outside Kroger own 138.

It's a shame.

Sounds like the disease has overflowed from Clayton down 75 into Henry County.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:22:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Prepare to Defend Yourselves.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#10]
I heard the O'Reilly auto parts in Griffin was robbed at gun point last night
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd bet a lot of $$$ that DemocRATs are behind most, if not all of the mayhem!!!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 6:49:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Un productive citizens
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 2:35:50 AM EDT
[#13]
sadly, this is going on in most urban settings, Augusta news is full of stories like this . most cities are turning to garbage, as productive people move out and continue to move out, the vacuum is filled with section8 and government funded leeches.

we just had a huge fit here in Columbia county over a neighborhood that was going to be a 50 unit house subdivision that was going to be 100% section 8, they wanted to put this between to established neighborhoods. from what the local afternoon radio talkshow was saying, is that hundreds of people showed up to protest. it worked in stopping this. i also like that Columbia county doesn't allow anymore trailer parks or apts to be built.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top