Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2012 1:31:44 PM EDT
I said it all year that Mark Richt and Bobo needs to go !! enough is enough of the sorry coaching!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
FIRE Mike Bobo first!!!!

Go Dawgs!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I think they played very well. I mean ten straight wins in a row is great for the season, and we will be ranked next season. After the third overtime, it doesnt matter who is coaching, those players are tired. I'm proud of the Dawgs!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I cannot stand the Dogs ( I refuse to spell it the trailer park way) but they did win 10 in a row before getting beat by the probable national champs, LSU. They have some of the best coaching out there. If you get rid of Hobo, who replaces him? Defensive schemes are only as good as the players executing them. Give your team a little credit and stop being so fair weather.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Am sorry guys but we will have to agree to disagree...
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:22:58 PM EDT
[#5]
It's time for the pups to get back on the porch where they belong.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#6]
CMR is not the problem.
Bobo called a crappy second half and OT.
Bobo has not improved as an OC and needs to go.

Monk
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Since when do you blame coaches for poor performance rather than blaming the actual player?

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Mike Bobo needs to be unemployed. He called a shitty second half. Why in the blue fuck did they keep running that little hand-off up the middle or rt tackle when it DIDN'T WORK. There's no excuse for UGA losing that game.

It'll be interesting to see if Blair Walsh gets picked up by the NFL with the sorry kicking he did this year.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Richt is the most gutless coach I have ever seen. What coach tries to kick a 42yd FG on 3rd and 8 in OT? For that matter when was the last time a team intercepted in OT and still lost? Richt found a way to. He holds on to ineffective coordinators out of stubborn loyalty.

For all the 10 win people, we started out losing to 2 pretty good teams and ended losing to 2 pretty good teams to end the year.  We have ZERO quality wins for the year. An easy schedule and good DC saved richts job. It is so past time for Richt and company to depart
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:36:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
CMR is not the problem.
Bobo called a crappy second half and OT.
Bobo has not improved as an OC and needs to go.

Monk

Bobo is CMR's responsibility. If he continues to employ him even after it's obvious to all that bobo sucks, then sorry but that's richts fault. It was CMR that decided to kick a FG on 3rd and 8. He should be coaching YMCA some where

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Also, at the end of regulation, GA had 14 seconds to run a play. They should have tried a long pass at least to get in FG range. Gutless coaches, how do they work?
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:48:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Since when do you blame coaches for poor performance rather than blaming the actual player?

When you're only up by 7 points the other team has a timeout remaining and 3:30 left on the clock and you run 3 straight running plays up the middle (when you haven't been able to run ALL damn game) for a loss of yards on each play, then punt the ball.

Or when you're in overtime and you intercepted the ball and all you need to do is score and on 2nd down you don't even bother to attempt to gain yardage you run the ball to the middle of the field, take a knee, and rely on a kicker who has missed a shit ton of field goals all season to win the game from 49 yards out.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#13]
I am very glad I recorded that and watched it after work instead of live. Our defense did all it could. It is exhausting watching GA play like that all year. We have a great defense but the O is sub par.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#14]
That was one of the best games all season, I will always pull for the SEC. But I agree it may be time for Mark to go somewhere else. War Eagle!
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 3:24:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Richt did win a lot of games this year.  Look at who he beat.  He was beaten by every decent team he played.  Richt needs to go.  If you want somebody to give a stirring, motivating talk down at the local First Baptist, or if you want somebody to be a buddy to the players, or if you want somebody to do backflips off a diving board, call Richt.  

If you want to EVER win another national championship, better call somebody else.  There's no team discipline, on the field or off.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 5:49:09 PM EDT
[#16]
He holds on to ineffective coordinators out of stubborn loyalty

This pretty much sums it up. Anyone remember Willy Martinez and the total lack of defense under him? Time to take it to the next level Mark get rid of Boo Boo. CMR nearly lost his job over Martinez  before he finally got rid of him.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 6:48:07 PM EDT
[#17]
I hate being the one to question the glorious, all-powerful SEC, but........

......is it possible that the better team won?  We have this same debate every time the Bulldogs lose- it's Coach X's fault!  First, it was Martinez, then Bobo, then Richt, and now we're back to Bobo.

Let's face it, UGA is not the best team in the SEC, not even close.  They benefitted from a walk-along schedule and a weak East this year.  The same will happen next year.  You'll go 11-1, 10-2, whatever, you'll beat Tech (like that takes alot), but you won't play anyone else worth a dang, and then you'll finally play a team worth a damn, get beaten, and blame it on the coaches again.

The UGA fan broken record keeps-a-turnin'.  I'd actually like to see Bobo get fired, just to see what coach gets blamed next.  God forbid the team just isn't that good.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

......is it possible that the better team won?  We have this same debate every time the Bulldogs lose- it's Coach X's fault!  First, it was Martinez, then Bobo, then Richt, and now we're back to Bobo.

Let's face it, UGA is not the best team in the SEC, not even close.  They benefitted from a walk-along schedule and a weak East this year.  The same will happen next year.  You'll go 11-1, 10-2, whatever, you'll beat Tech (like that takes alot), but you won't play anyone else worth a dang, and then you'll finally play a team worth a damn, get beaten, and blame it on the coaches again.

The UGA fan broken record keeps-a-turnin'.  I'd actually like to see Bobo get fired, just to see what coach gets blamed next.  God forbid the team just isn't that good.

You're kind of making our point here. Those of us complaining about the coaches are citing their ability to win big games. When we constantly see UGA coaches making stupid decisions, we expect better. For example, in OT after UGA intercepted, UGA basically downed it twice to "set up" a 42 yard field goal attempt on 3rd and 8 as opposed to pushing for more yardage. Walsh coming into this game was 4 out of 9 in 40-49 yd attempts. So Richt basically set up a play to win it all on a play that had failed more than 50% of the time. Answer me this, when was the last time you saw a team intercept in overtime and still lose?

MSU and BSU are not even in the same league as UGA in recruiting. UGA beats S. car in recruiting every year as well so who do you blame other than coaches when you lose to athletically inferior teams?

Sorry it bothers you that we want our team to reach it's potential and want accountability when they don't. You can always do like so many others and cheer for whatever flavor happens to be ranked #1 at the moment
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:07:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're kind of making our point here. Those of us complaining about the coaches are citing their ability to win big games. When we constantly see UGA coaches making stupid decisions, we expect better. For example, in OT after UGA intercepted, UGA basically downed it twice to "set up" a 42 yard field goal attempt on 3rd and 8 as opposed to pushing for more yardage. Walsh coming into this game was 4 out of 9 in 40-49 yd attempts. So Richt basically set up a play to win it all on a play that had failed more than 50% of the time. Answer me this, when was the last time you saw a team intercept in overtime and still lose?

MSU and BSU are not even in the same league as UGA in recruiting. UGA beats S. car in recruiting every year as well so who do you blame other than coaches when you lose to athletically inferior teams?

Sorry it bothers you that we want our team to reach it's potential and want accountability when they don't. You can always do like so many others and cheer for whatever flavor happens to be ranked #1 at the moment

Maybe the recruits are not as good as everyone thinks they are.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe the recruits are not as good as everyone thinks they are.

You might have a point with Crowell, but I don't think you do with anyone else on that team.  Very talented group of kids being lead by shitty coaches.

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 7:36:32 PM EDT
[#21]
they are.....I just checked

Link Posted: 1/2/2012 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Yep run them all off.  Maybe UGA can find someone less competent.  They can only recruit, coach and mentor.  They cannot make the plays on the field for the players.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 3:51:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Since when do you give a coach credit, rather than the actual player(s), when championships are won???  Every time, of course.  When UGA lets a mediocre Tech team beat them at home, when they have Stafford, Moreno, A.J., etc., etc., it's the coach(s).  Richt doesn't have the "edge" that championship coaches have.  I happen to know a young man who works for the Bulldogs.  He's said, for years, that there's NO discipline on the field or off.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:05:02 AM EDT
[#24]
LETS GO OCCUPY ATHENS!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:46:28 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I don't think I helped your point at all.  My point was that the players aren't as good as you say they are.  Boise State and South Carolina certainly aren't "athletically inferior."  Where did you get that from?  As many others here have said, the coaches can't make the plays for them.

By the way, stop being so damned bitter.  The cheap "flavor of the week" shots reek of, "I can't control my internet emotions right now over a fucking football game."

For your satisfaction, I am a Tech fan.  Have been since I can remember, and even more so after I attended the school.  I am a true fan- I have gone from the depths of despair to the high of a National Championship, back to the low of several horrible seasons and back up again.  It's been a rodeo, and I'm certainly not part of the "cool" crew.  No Girl license plates here.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:04:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
There's no team discipline, on the field or off.

I will agree completely with this.

But, what do you expect?  He is a Free Shoes University refugee!  

In CMR's defense- he has helped UGA join the hunt for a very important record in college football.........most team arrests in a season.  

I really do enjoy getting you guys riled up.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:09:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Georgia lost playing by the same rules as Michigan, but those overtime rules suck!!
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#28]
GT was the best team the dogs beat this year, which is sort of strange for me to say.

UGA is never going to be a team like this years LSU or Alabama with Richt at the helm.

As a Tech fan, I hope they fire Richt, but it would be a huge mistake for their football program.

My vote? Bring back Donnan...
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:09:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think I helped your point at all.  My point was that the players aren't as good as you say they are.  Boise State and South Carolina certainly aren't "athletically inferior."  Where did you get that from?  As many others here have said, the coaches can't make the plays for them.

By the way, stop being so damned bitter.  The cheap "flavor of the week" shots reek of, "I can't control my internet emotions right now over a fucking football game."

For your satisfaction, I am a Tech fan.  Have been since I can remember, and even more so after I attended the school.  I am a true fan- I have gone from the depths of despair to the high of a National Championship, back to the low of several horrible seasons and back up again.  It's been a rodeo, and I'm certainly not part of the "cool" crew.  No Girl license plates here.

As far as your recruiting comments go, check any recruiting service in the country. Boise would be lucky to break the top 50, no where close to UGA. While S. Carolina recruits better than BSU, their classes are not at UGA's level, year after year. Michigan State classes rank nowhere near UGA's. The coaches can't make plays for them, but they can train them, call appropriate plays and put the team in position to win games as well as provide leadership. The coaches made so many mistakes in that bowl game, I can't even count them all, not just mistakes but stupid mistakes. If it bothers you that we hold certain standards, sorry.

Calling for positive changes for your team does not make you a bad fan. The fact you are defending mark richt shows you are a Tech fan, I would want him to stay too if I were a tech fan, along with the 5 or 6 others in existence. I wish we would just drop Tech from the schedule, they aren't in our class and beating them has become little more than a yearly ritual. yet they live to play and try to beat us every year. When they do manage to beat us once a decade, the GTU players are awarded rings, which shows how pathethically insecure they are as a football program.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 10:30:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Michigan State 33,  Georgia 30.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as your recruiting comments go, check any recruiting service in the country. Boise would be lucky to break the top 50, no where close to UGA. While S. Carolina recruits better than BSU, their classes are not at UGA's level, year after year. Michigan State classes rank nowhere near UGA's. The coaches can't make plays for them, but they can train them, call appropriate plays and put the team in position to win games as well as provide leadership. The coaches made so many mistakes in that bowl game, I can't even count them all, not just mistakes but stupid mistakes. If it bothers you that we hold certain standards, sorry.

Calling for positive changes for your team does not make you a bad fan. The fact you are defending mark richt shows you are a Tech fan, I would want him to stay too if I were a tech fan, along with the 5 or 6 others in existence. I wish we would just drop Tech from the schedule, they aren't in our class and beating them has become little more than a yearly ritual. yet they live to play and try to beat us every year. When they do manage to beat us once a decade, the GTU players are awarded rings, which shows how pathethically insecure they are as a football program.

Kinda like UGA-Florida rivalry?

Looking at the UGA-GT scores, they are usually close games, no matter who is ranked high.

UGA will always out recruit GT. But year after year, GT manages to put up a pretty good team. Are they an SEC caliber team right now, no.

UGA has some of the best recruiting classes in the country, but year afte year, they have a major screw up.

When you recruit players based on talent alone, you will run into those with no discipline.

Richt is a good coach, but I think he would be better at a school that already had great discipline.

One thing you see from Coach Paul Johnson and several other coaches in the south is when a player screws up, he gets in the players face and lets him know it.
You see little to no emotion from Richt on the sideline.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The performance of an athlete in high school has ZERO bearing on how well he plays in college.  There are hundreds of examples of blue chip players not stacking up in college.  The same goes for college performance versus performance in the pros.  

I'm not saying that the coaches didn't make mistakes.  I'm not defending Mark Richt.  Please show me where I have said that Mark Richt was a good coach.  

I say again, I am not bothered by your "standards," and I haven't called anyone a "bad fan."  I think it bothers you that I am simply offering the argument that the coaches are only half of the equation- that, somehow, UGA is not a national championship caliber team, and that my arguments have nothing to do with any personal resentment- you OBVIOUSLY have some resentment towards Tech (and me for being a fan, which is sad), as indicated by your comments.

I am constantly amazed at how upset, emotional, and PERSONAL people get on the internet over a boys' game.  God, I wish I had so little to get so upset over....

ETA- So, let me get this straight- Tech isn't "in your class," but Coastal Carolina is?  Who is in your class?  It's obviously not Central Florida, Boise State, Michigan State, South Carolina, or LSU.  Start playing, and beating, top 25 teams, and I'll concede your point.  Tit for tat.

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kinda like UGA-Florida rivalry?

Yes exactly like the UGA Florida rivalry. UGA leads that series 48-40-2, like the lead GTU 62-39-5. Thanks for bringing that up, we enjoy our winning record over both schools.

Looking at the UGA-GT scores, they are usually close games, no matter who is ranked high.

Just win baby, that's what we do against GT and that's all that matters. GTU is the master of moral victories

UGA will always out recruit GT. But year after year, GT manages to put up a pretty good team. Are they an SEC caliber team right now, no.

Correct, at least about UGA out-recruiting GT and them not being SEC caliber

UGA has some of the best recruiting classes in the country, but year afte year, they have a major screw up.

That's why many are bitching about the coaches

When you recruit players based on talent alone, you will run into those with no discipline.

Another reason why many are  bitching about the coaching

Richt is a good coach, but I think he would be better at a school that already had great discipline.

He is 0-9 against ranked teams the last 2 years. That doesn't qualify as good in my book

One thing you see from Coach Paul Johnson and several other coaches in the south is when a player screws up, he gets in the players face and lets him know it.
You see little to no emotion from Richt on the sideline.

Another reason why many bitch about the coaching

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 2:30:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Say what you want, the UGA players were out of shape at the beginning of the season. That is ONE of the reasons they typically loose early in the season every year. There is NO excuse for a team the caliber of UGA to come into the first few games out of shape. You've got a bunch of less recruited, less athletic players from Boise State wearing you out in the cardio category in the first game. Same thing at South Carolina, UGA had it in the bag and fizzled out in the 2nd half.  Had UGA played Boise in the last quarter of the season they'd probably beat them. Same thing with the Bowl game. A month off = out of shape UGA players. That cannot be anyone's fault but the coaches.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#35]
One more thing, and then I'm done with this argument as it has become about as pointless as, well, an argument between Tech fans and UGA fans.

Quoted:
I wish we would just drop Tech from the schedule, they aren't in our class and beating them has become little more than a yearly ritual.

Are you out of your mind? Really?

I could be completely wrong, but I'll go out on a limb and guess that you didn't actually attend UGA- or maybe you just don't give a rat's ass about tradition.  I don't think I've EVER met a UGA grad, and certainly never a Tech grad, that would say the same thing.  It's called Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate.  It's that day every year that divides families for just three hours, only to end in handshakes and cold beers.

Here's a story:

My Granddaddy was a proud UGA grad.  That man bled red and black.  He gave heavily to the University every year until he died.  We used to watch the UGA-Tech game together.  He taught me about the traditions, the history, and the respect that the schools had for each other.  How, when the two teams stepped foot on that field, records went out the window.  It was akin to two brothers fighting.  They may cuss each other and draw blood, but at the end of the day, they were still brothers.  He respected Tech, and looked forward to the game every year.  

I don't think I ever saw my Granddaddy so proud of me, or had a prouder moment myself, than when I told him I was going to Tech on a scholarship.  He bragged to his friends that his grandson was a Tech man, and even came to the campus to see me.  Somehow I don't see that happening if your grandson decides to attend Tech.

If you really are a Georgia man, you should just about be ashamed of the thought of dropping Tech from UGA's schedule because you seem to think that you are somehow above them.  I certainly don't think that about UGA.

Maybe I shouldn't be so upset about some rediculous comment made on the internet, but it just bugged me.  Here's to next year' s game.  

Link Posted: 1/3/2012 4:42:49 PM EDT
[#36]
State law requires that UGA and GT play each other.

OK, maybe it was just a joint proclamation from the Gold Dome and not a law.
To lose that rivalry would be a travesty and Texas chicken crap thing to do.

Monk
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
One more thing, and then I'm done with this argument as it has become about as pointless as, well, an argument between Tech fans and UGA fans.

Quoted:
I wish we would just drop Tech from the schedule, they aren't in our class and beating them has become little more than a yearly ritual.

I could be completely wrong, but I'll go out on a limb and guess that you didn't actually attend UGA- or maybe you just don't give a rat's ass about tradition.  I don't think I've EVER met a UGA grad, and certainly never a Tech grad, that would say the same thing.  It's called Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate.  It's that day every year that divides families for just three hours, only to end in handshakes and cold beers.

Here's a story:

My Granddaddy was a proud UGA grad.  That man bled red and black.  He gave heavily to the University every year until he died.  We used to watch the UGA-Tech game together.  He taught me about the traditions, the history, and the respect that the schools had for each other.  How, when the two teams stepped foot on that field, records went out the window.  It was akin to two brothers fighting.  They may cuss each other and draw blood, but at the end of the day, they were still brothers.  He respected Tech, and looked forward to the game every year.  

I don't think I ever saw my Granddaddy so proud of me, or had a prouder moment myself, than when I told him I was going to Tech on a scholarship.  He bragged to his friends that his grandson was a Tech man, and even came to the campus to see me.  Somehow I don't see that happening if your grandson decides to attend Tech.

If you really are a Georgia man, you should just about be ashamed of the thought of dropping Tech from UGA's schedule because you seem to think that you are somehow above them.  I certainly don't think that about UGA.

Maybe I shouldn't be so upset about some rediculous comment made on the internet, but it just bugged me.  Here's to next year' s game.  

that is how i grew up. Family has been G season ticket holders for ever. I do not know if cmr needs to go ( I personally would like to see more emotion on the sideline, but can respect his control), but I think it may be time for bobo to go. That and I would like to see more discipline from the team....though it has kind of been like that for a while ( according to my father who still talks about how hard he busted his ass to receive his A in class and Herschel showed up the first day, the last day to sign autographs, and received the same grade

Anyway it just stinks because we always seem to be so close....but just out of reach
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Moose, you really do know how to stir them up.  For those that do not know Moose, he is about 5'4" tall and weighs about 95 pounds on a fat day.  As they say, iffen you wanna have a go at him, and no one here wants do do anything like that amongst us, UGA or GT, schedule the event so we can get the stadium reserved and get the media ready to tape.  There will be a need for concession sales and stuff like that.

After thinking about it, why is it I see so many dumb-asses driving around with a G tag on the front of their truck?  To be fair, why is it I see so many idiots driving around with a GT tag on their SUV?  

Years ago I heard an old black man say something along the lines of "stupid don't know color".   Guess stupid does not know a lot of things.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:09:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Bobo only... don't know what the mystic is there... but if you want to fire, fire BOBO, let Richt start making the calls again.
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 6:39:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Here's a story:

Your grand dad lived in a different era. The GTU game does little for UGA except gives us someone to beat up on at th end of the season. All the garbage about being brothers is nonsense in today's environment. I know tons of UGA fans and absolutely zero of them consider GT fans "brothers" quite the contrary. Most GTU fans I know feel the same. If you observed the comments coming from the GTU boards when Munson died, you would know how disgusting they can be. I remember sitting in the stands after Uga died and hearing the tech students cheering "way down south in the land of cotton, Uga V is dead and rotten" just after he died. Bunch of wannabe no class pricks just begging for enough relevance to be considered a rival.

It would be great to drop that game and many UGA fans share that thought. There's really nothing in it for UGA. If tech wins, it makes their year and if we win, well that's just kinda expected. BTW, I graduated from UGA in 1991. The level of respect that exists between the 2 fan bases is so low, that it does not measure. The majority of tech students consist of Yankees and immigrants anyway, they mix with UGA fans like oil and water
Link Posted: 1/3/2012 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The majority of tech students consist of Yankees and immigrants anyway

Well, it's good to see that you are fighting the good fight and staying classy.  I guess I'm just not Ah-murr-ican enough for you, huh?  Two folks in the course of this debate have defined their arguments by using personal shots, name-calling and people's ethnicity as a definition of their character, and both are UGA fans/grads.  If your comments are the norm for "modern" UGA students and alumni, I probably wouldn't be too nice, either.  I know that's not the case, though.  I have several friends who were at UGA, and we get along fine.  Maybe you just need new friends.  

Different era, fine.  You can call it garbage; I'd like to think that I'm a throwback to better times and, apparently, people.  

And seriously, if you have a problem with "Yankees and immigrants," you probably won't fit in well with the GAHTF.  There are a few of us here.  We'll mix like oil and water.      

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:42:55 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Your grand dad lived in a different era. The GTU game does little for UGA except gives us someone to beat up on at th end of the season. All the garbage about being brothers is nonsense in today's environment. I know tons of UGA fans and absolutely zero of them consider GT fans "brothers" quite the contrary. Most GTU fans I know feel the same. If you observed the comments coming from the GTU boards when Munson died, you would know how disgusting they can be. I remember sitting in the stands after Uga died and hearing the tech students cheering "way down south in the land of cotton, Uga V is dead and rotten" just after he died. Bunch of wannabe no class pricks just begging for enough relevance to be considered a rival.

It would be great to drop that game and many UGA fans share that thought. There's really nothing in it for UGA. If tech wins, it makes their year and if we win, well that's just kinda expected. BTW, I graduated from UGA in 1991. The level of respect that exists between the 2 fan bases is so low, that it does not measure. The majority of tech students consist of Yankees and immigrants anyway, they mix with UGA fans like oil and water

Just out of curiosity, are you a UGA Alumni?
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:37:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's in there

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:17:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's in there

Sorry, missed it the first time through.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 5:34:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The majority of tech students consist of Yankees and immigrants anyway

Well, it's good to see that you are fighting the good fight and staying classy.  I guess I'm just not Ah-murr-ican enough for you, huh?  Two folks in the course of this debate have defined their arguments by using personal shots, name-calling and people's ethnicity as a definition of their character, and both are UGA fans/grads.  If your comments are the norm for "modern" UGA students and alumni, I probably wouldn't be too nice, either.  I know that's not the case, though.  I have several friends who were at UGA, and we get along fine.  Maybe you just need new friends.  

Different era, fine.  You can call it garbage; I'd like to think that I'm a throwback to better times and, apparently, people.  

And seriously, if you have a problem with "Yankees and immigrants," you probably won't fit in well with the GAHTF.  There are a few of us here.  We'll mix like oil and water.      

I have several friends that went to Tech and I have many more that I get along great with. Most are casual fans of GT and we mostly talk about our shared interests and we are respectful towards one another. It's when I run into those tech fans that are arrogant that I have a problem. The yankees and immigrants comment was said more in joking that anything but if  had a dime for everytime a tech fan called me a redneck, or said "you want fries with that" or whatever dumb hick insult they come up with, I would retire right now.

I know people on both sides that hate each other, not figuratively hate like when they say clean old fashioned hate but just absolute hate. I don't think that it existed as bad in your grandads time but it exists now. It's got to the point I don't really enjoy that particular game any more. If you look at Lewis Grizzard's career, you can see the changes that have taken place even. i remember a piece he wrote early in his career, I don't remember what year. tech was winning and UGA came back and at the very end, UGA could tie it with a PAT or win it by going for 2. Dooley went for two and won it but I remember LG's AJC article and he was saying he wished we would have just gone for 1. In his later pieces, he disliked tech so bad that he would have applauded that 2 pt decision.

times have changed since your Grandads time and not for the better. The behavior I see from the students is dispicable in some cases. I've been going to UGA football games since I was 6, in 1975. I seldom miss a game home or away, I've sat with the "track people", seen Herschel run, seen SC's goal posts pass 6 feet from me after they won, been to every SEC stadium and then some, been cussed at, shot at and shit at by fans of the opposing teams but have witnessed some of the worst behavior of all at GT - UGA games.

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 8:49:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Yea, fire the coach!! That works well, just ask any Tennessee fan you see how it's working out.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#47]
It might be a good idea for UGA drop Tech from the schedule. They need all the help they can get. Maybe they can play Vandy twice.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:54:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yea, fire the coach!! That works well, just ask any Tennessee fan you see how it's working out.

Ask Alabama how firing Shula is working out

Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Bobo's play calling is infuriating to watch.  Let him go, keep Richt.  Although I agree discipline has been lacking for several years now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top