Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2011 4:18:38 AM EDT
Any suggestions on things to do and places to eat?
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:49:44 AM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking at property near Ellijay so I was just down there a few weeks ago.

Poole's BBQ is a great place for chicken, ribs and pulled pork.  They're only open Thurs - Sunday.

For an evening out try Charlies Restaurant on 515.  Nice atmosphere, great food and a full bar.

There's a lot to do in the area.  Amicalola Falls is amazing.

Blue Ridge is about 20 minutes north.  There's lots of shops and few good restaurants there too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 7:46:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I was there about a mostly ago and my wife and I stumbled into a place called wolf creek BBQ.  It was some of the best BBQ I've had, but the place is admittedly a dive, and from looking at reviews online it seems like more than a few people have had some pretty bad experiences there.  We had some great food there though, and service was fine for us.  Instead of bringing out bread before the meal, they brought us a smoked chicken wing and a piece of cornbread, which I thought was pretty cool.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If you want a great place for BBQ, go to the Pink Pig, about 8 miles north of Ellijay, just off Hwy 515.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 4:15:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Dude you should have just asked me on Christmas, I know the area well
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
We ended up never leaving the 2000 acre farm!  Got lost several times on the 4 wheeler.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top