Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2011 6:06:20 AM EDT
Snagged a Pelican case at work,  held some testing equip. that they mounted in the shop and were going to toss the case in the trash so I grabbed it!
It has the solid foam already cut, so I need some good solid foam for a replacement.
Looks like model 1520. Might get 2 sets. One for my camera gear and one for pistols.
So.....anyone know of a good/cheap place to get some foam?? I did google it and found a few places, but wanted to check here and see if anyone had a place to recomend.

I work nights so it may take me  a day or two to respond, so I'll say thanks in advance! (Thanks)

S.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 6:18:38 AM EDT
[#1]
ebay might be worth looking into.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I've bought replacement foam and pelican cases from this website:
http://www.nalpak.com/
Go to Pelican cases, pick the case you have, and there should be a replacement foam box you can check to purchase.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#3]
You can buy it straight from Pelican.

You can also go pick it up in person at Georgia Case Company in Tucker.  Take your case and they will cut foam to fit it.  If you want, you can bring the stuff you want put it in it and they will cut the foam to fit your items.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 3:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanx!!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Yep! The foam that is in it is already cut and I just need a replacement or 2. I like the type of foam thats in it now, and would like to find the same kind.
Here are a few pics.

Pic 1

Pic 2

(can't get the pics to work so here are the links)

Is a little beat up, but for free, I can live with it!  May do camo paint job on it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 5:06:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You can also go pick it up in person at Georgia Case Company in Tucker.  Take your case and they will cut foam to fit it.  If you want, you can bring the stuff you want put it in it and they will cut the foam to fit your items.

Thanks. Will check them out after the holidays if I hav'nt found anything.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#8]
A beat up pelican case is still better than most other brand new cases,
And if it's to jacked up contact pelican, their gaurentee is " you break it we replace it"

Every time I find a pelican case in the trash I snag it, no matter what condition it's in, I love me.
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a bunch of form taken from other cases. it's not pelican or the pull-out-the-square custom fit kind but you're welcome to it if you think it will work...
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a bunch of form taken from other cases. it's not pelican or the pull-out-the-square custom fit kind but you're welcome to it if you think it will work...

PM sent
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/22/2011 12:40:36 PM EDT
[#11]
When your cutting the foam just remember the walls slant,
And if you don't have a hot knife or a wire knife I highly recommend using something like a rapalla long fillet knife

And remember to cut a piece for the lid, of whatever you have on top will slam the bottom of it at worst, or rattle like crazy at best

Link Posted: 12/22/2011 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What's the price for a typical long case?

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 11:04:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Finally found a good price on some foam!
Seems to have really good prices. Here's the  sight if anyone else is interested.

http://www.foambymail.com/PNPCR/pick-and-pluck-charcoal-foam.html

Thanks to all for the info/help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top