Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2011 2:38:54 PM EDT
I am in need of a new set of good hearing pro. I have narrowed it down two the two listed in the title. I am leading towards the Sordin Pro X neckband models. What can you guys recommend? Also looking for a line on a decent price if any of you know where to get them, possibly locally.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 4:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a pair of MSA/Sordin Supreme Pro's that I have been using for several years without any issues.  When I was trying to decide what to go with the Peltors seemed to have more issues with durability and sound quality than the Sordins did.  My Sordins have seen alot of use and have held up well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been running the comtacs for several years now and they are awesome.  Very comfortable for extended periods.  Use them for shooting and hunting.  I have not used the sordins.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:47:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the Sordin Pro-X neckband model and they are fantastic.  Very comfortable, high quality sound, and excellent noise cancelling without clipping.   What really sets the Sordins above the Comtacs is the five year warranty, and total waterproofness.  Comtacs have waterproof battery compartments, but do not have waterproof microphones or earmuffs.  Sweating a lot can penetrate into the electronics and cause they to corrode over time.   Plus the warranty on the Comtacs is pretty poor in comparison at 90 days - 1 year depending on the model.  

The behind the neck option is fantastic and is very comfortable.  I didn't like the over the head option, especially if you wear a hat or helmet.  

Let me know if you get the Sordins.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 6:58:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have the Sordin Pro-X neckband model and they are fantastic.  Very comfortable, high quality sound, and excellent noise cancelling without clipping.   What really sets the Sordins above the Comtacs is the five year warranty, and total waterproofness.  Comtacs have waterproof battery compartments, but do not have waterproof microphones or earmuffs.  Sweating a lot can penetrate into the electronics and cause they to corrode over time.   Plus the warranty on the Comtacs is pretty poor in comparison at 90 days - 1 year depending on the model.  

The behind the neck option is fantastic and is very comfortable.  I didn't like the over the head option, especially if you wear a hat or helmet.  

Looks like I'll pull the trigger on the sordins. I need a set for under my helmet. Now the online search begins.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:08:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I got mine from LaRue Tactical.  They are within $15 of everyone else online, and you get some free swag (hat, dillo dust, etc).  Plus they stand behind their items they sell incase you need to ship them back.  

I highly recommend getting the gel insert replacements for the earpieces as they are VERY comfortable and seal better around sunglasses.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like I'll pull the trigger on the sordins. I need a set for under my helmet. Now the online search begins.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Sordins NRR rating - 18dB
Peltor ComTac II - 18dB
Pro Ear Tac Slim Gold NRR 28 dB - Green

neither are good enough for me to wear the higher the dB rating the better the hearing protection
I wear Pro Ears

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top