Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2011 5:10:20 PM EDT
I was at my neighbors house the other day when he mentioned again that one day he needed to clean and wipe down his guns before they started rusting. He grew up with my grandfather and has collected guns since well before I was born, so today I decide to go over and help him out by oiling and cleaning some of his guns. I enjoyed myself seeing how a lot of his collection is firearms that I have never seen in person or never new existed. I got about 40 or 50 guns oiled up, which is about 5% of his long gun collection, not even starting on pistols yet, lol. This was what he insisted on me taking before I left, I told him I just oiled the guns because I enjoyed seeing his collection, but he said that If I didn't take the m1 carbine that his feelings would be hurt and he'd rather his guns rust than me cleaning and oiling them for free.  Probably pieced together import, but I know nothing about these rifles....yet, either way, I really like this rifle, it'll be one of the 4 firearms that I will take with me to the grave, two were gifts from Votefromrooftops, and one was from my grandfather.   and here's pics....

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#1]
very nice!
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#2]
That's cool. They way it was given really makes it valuable.

Find out what it says under the rear sight and you can find out more about the particular rifle. I was told this is where the manufacture info is. The M1 and a transferable M2 Carbine are on my want list.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweet! You have a very cool neighbor

We need to go shoot our M1 Carbines one day
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#4]
i know your a Fudd now so please don't Bubba the M1, they are VERY nice rifles. so please don't Krylon NASCAR or bud light BS all over it

and yes, VERY nice neighbor, i'm glad you got such a cool rifle
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:12:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Great little carbine!  They're a blast to shoot.

Over the years, I regret selling 3 of the firearms I've let go, 1 was my M1 carbine.  It was a Rockola (Jukebox Co), not one of the more rare manufacturers, but I always like the fact it was made by a jukebox company.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:12:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet looking gun. Looks like an Inland. I love my carbine. Its a National Postal Meter that my dad got for $15 back in the 60s from the CMP (then DCM). Its a fun shooting gun. Its a shame ammo isn't cheap for it anymore.

If you're close we need to hit up Athens rifle club and throw some lead out of it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine is an Inland, too, barrel date 1944. Fun little rifles, though they feel kinda weird in my hands in terms of lightness and shortness compared to what I am used to.

I've been meaning to do a rundown of all the parts on it to check for historical accuracy and try to restore it to the configuration it would have come from the factory in.

Very very cool, though.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a guy from SC, that is at most of the NATC shows on the NE wall of the building , named Semper Fi something (  not Chris ) ,  has books, knows the marks, production numbers,  and will break your ears about these guns.  Did a go / no go check on mine for no charge,  he just loves em.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:21:13 PM EDT
[#9]
It is fun to shoot, only put about 5 rounds through it, the 5th round ejected before it chambered, haven't had the time to sit down and figure out why yet. He has quite a few of them that are bringbacks, all matching. The handguard on this one falls off, looks a little too short, so I will probably need to order a couple of them to get one that fits right. I do know that it will shoot through a 12ga metal dumpster...well, one side and put a large dent in the other side atleast.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Very cool dude.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Great little carbine!  They're a blast to shoot.
Over the years, I regret selling 3 of the firearms I've let go, 1 was my M1 carbine.  It was a Rockola (Jukebox Co), not one of the more rare manufacturers, but I always like the fact it was made by a jukebox company.

Actually other than an Irwin Pederson and Saginaw S'G' the Rockola's are the next "rarest" meaning there were fewer Rockola's produced than  most manufacturers

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 5:01:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Nice score Brandon, 6 digit Inland. I love my M1 carbines. Probably will get flamed but i like them better than my ar's   They are great guns for stomping around the woods. Killed a buck 2 years ago with one of mine.
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 2:50:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They are great guns for stomping around the woods.

In other words, for walking LOUDLY and carrying a SMALL stick!??!
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 4:43:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Very nice!  Looks in good shape too.  M-1 carbines are a ton of fun to shoot.

The sling is an M-16 Nylon sling.  But carbine slings and oilers are pretty easy to find.

Sounds like you have a great neighbor, who is appreciative of your goodwill.

Win/win.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2011 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#15]
I still need to order some ammo, and get the handguard to fit, but it's a nice little rifle, and fun to shoot. Going to try to get some more of his rifle cleaned and oiled up for him next week, I really just enjoy getting to look at all the firearms. Very rarely have I been to someone's home and seen more different rifles than I could load in the back of three pickup trucks.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:57:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I still need to order some ammo, and get the handguard to fit, but it's a nice little rifle, and fun to shoot. Going to try to get some more of his rifle cleaned and oiled up for him next week, I really just enjoy getting to look at all the firearms. Very rarely have I been to someone's home and seen more different rifles than I could load in the back of three pickup trucks.

Gunshow this weekend,  Georgia arms would have ammo for your carbine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top