Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2011 4:58:44 PM EDT
I was at Camp Pendleton today doing an installation of security software and saw an MRAP go by me.  On the back it said "Student Driver" as you can see in the pic.  I fear no student driver when they are driving a Toyota Corrola, but in an MRAP, I get the F out the way

Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
What area?
Sorta looks like Area 22.

Monk
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]
This was about five miles in from the main gate off of I-5.  I was over near the medical hospital near the lake.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This was about five miles in from the main gate off of I-5.  I was over near the medical hospital near the lake.

Cool. I spent 3 months living in the 22 area before I deployed to KAF. You passed it on your way to hospital.
If you have the time, be sure to check the beach area down by the main gate.

Monk
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:24:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I already left there and am headed home in the morning.  I will check it out next time I am out there.  Camp Pendleton has one AMAZING paintball course there.  It has castles, bunkers, and all kinds of win!  I want to try that out sometime as well.   I have been there three times in the last two months and the weather has been low 70s and perfect.  A nice break from the awful summer we have had this year in the Southeast.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#5]
The new course is much better than old one. The SOCAL weather is amazing.
Next time your there you should drive out the School of Infantry side of the base and see the hills the Marines hump.
Made me damn glad I was east coast.

Monk
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:24:37 PM EDT
[#6]
You need to hit Albertos just down the road from the main gate.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:44:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Next time your there you should drive out the School of Infantry side of the base and see the hills the Marines hump.

Monk

I was east coast also, I still had to hump those hills as a cpl when I went to SOI. Talk about brutal.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 11:30:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monk

I was east coast also, I still had to hump those hills as a cpl when I went to SOI. Talk about brutal.

Oh that would SUCK a donkey's d...
I tried running up one of the smaller hills in the 22 area. I thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest. On the bright side, the pain would have stopped pretty quickly.

Monk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top