Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2011 9:49:23 AM EDT
My wife came up with a good one. After she has read several posts I showed her involving all the drama queens here and with now with the latest thread about the found lap top she has now labeled the HTF as the House Wives of Arfcom. She has made a pretty accurate comparison to the whiny little bitches here and how they act like women on the shows. She likes to watch those train wrecks on bravo just to see that our lives aren't near as fucked up as those nut jobs are. Plus it just goes to show that money can't buy class.

Sadly I am in agreement with her. This was a fun place to come to and relax with a lot of like minded gun nuts where folks didn't give a crap what your chosen profession was as we all liked to shoot and would share cool stories about our families and other activities we were involved in. It was this reason that the HTF was really the only place on arfcom that I would come to since I didn't feel like wading through all the drama BS on a lot of the other sub forums here.

This isn't one of the technical forums where topics should be limited to guns. This should be a place where our own little family where we can share things we have going on in our lives with each other without all the BS from GD. Sure, as with any family we'll have a disagreement once and a while, which is fine, but overall things have been getting completely out of hand with all the bashing and name calling.

I know from talking to some of the other long time members here I am probably not alone in these feelings.

Chris
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 11:05:14 AM EDT
[#1]

I haven't been paying enough attention.  Have you seen a change in GAHTF?  

I suppose because of the place I work, my tolerance for drama queens is very high.  GAHTF is still my safe haven.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm wearing my flame resistant pants for this one but.... It all started going down hill about the time the half fawn crap took place. Some of the regulars just went crazy, and we got a lot of new people in. But it isn't just here. I've noted it in the shops and on the ranges too. the gun community as a whole in Georgia seems to have gotten more cliquish than a a group of middle school girls.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 11:24:12 AM EDT
[#3]
meh....just click the ignore button for a few choice posters and it gets MUCH better.  

I hang out here not necessarly for the gun info.  I do b/c I have got to know quite a few of the guys here and like shooting with them when ever I can. the rest I ignore :)
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 12:29:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Well.....I learned that doing the right thing isnt always doing the right thing.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 12:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I got nothing......................
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well.....I learned that doing the right thing isnt always doing the right thing.

Man, they went full retard on you in that thread.

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I think GAHTF is about the same as it has always been. Some of the main characters come and go, but it's still a cool place.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And I thought my name was Hondo....

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 12:52:18 PM EDT
[#9]
The ignore button works wonders. With that said there is a mix of all sorts of people here, we all have our own views. Some may have the same view or opinions and others will have another. Sooner or later they will collide and everyone knows what will happen. But does anyone here truly hate another member for their views? I do not think so.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm wearing my flame resistant pants for this one but.... It all started going down hill about the time the half fawn crap took place. Some of the regulars just went crazy, and we got a lot of new people in. But it isn't just here. I've noted it in the shops and on the ranges too. the gun community as a whole in Georgia seems to have gotten more cliquish than a a group of middle school girls.

Naaa it went downhill in Dec 2005

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You cut me deep man, ya cut me deep....
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 4:09:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You cut me deep man, ya cut me deep....

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 4:54:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Must've missed that thread....IM me someone?

Link Posted: 6/19/2011 5:06:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Doing the right thing.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Pospted By LaRue556:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's still on the first page look for I found a laptop.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 5:14:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
<snip>

I've learned that you'll never please everyone.  If you don't like the forum, why don't you participate more in what you feel is a positive way?  Make more posts about what is important to you.

I hope you are just venting and will still find enjoyment here in the future.  

Take care.

Mark

Mark, I agree that everyone can't be pleased all the time. And yes, it's mostly a vent, I just noticed a lot of folks getting "butt hurt" in some of the threads. You are right about the use of profanity, I am just as guilty of that as the next guy and there is no excuse for it.

I was only referring to a few folks who tend to degenerate some posts into "us vs them" or bash others for posting up things that they might consider irrelevant or non gun related topics.

I even get involved in some good natured banter, but the ones who I do it with know I'm only messing with them and usually they give it right back. I just remember a few years ago we use to post up jokes, have a good time laughing at ourselves when we did something amusing. You are right by saying I should get more involved and post more, however a lot of times I won't post a reply to a thread because what I would have said has already been said multiple times and doesn't need repeating.

Hopefully in the coming months I can post some interesting topics and include some pictures while I am over in Afghanistan.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
meh....just click the ignore button for a few choice posters and it gets MUCH better.  

I hang out here not necessarly for the gun info.  I do b/c I have got to know quite a few of the guys here and like shooting with them when ever I can. the rest I ignore :)

Us free loaders don't get that special button.

I tend to just ignore most of the more offensive posts and laugh at some of the others. After all, this is the interwebz and God forbid someone be wrong and go uncorrected.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#19]
sorry I've been screwing things up guys.  I'll do better in the future

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:07:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:58:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Well, I'm still here.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 5:43:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well, I'm still here.

Glad to see that. I guess we'll make you one of the house husbands.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#23]
I clicked this thread expecting to see pics of somebody's scantily clad hot wife posing with guns.  No offense to the OP but I must say I am dissapointed....
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I clicked this thread expecting to see pics of somebody's scantily clad hot wife posing with guns.  No offense to the OP but I must say I am dissapointed....

Same  
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 12:08:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same  

Sorry.  I don't allow those pics to be posted on the internet.  

Link Posted: 6/20/2011 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Same  

I always look forward to your posts!
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Same  

For some reason, I'm guessing none of those even exist.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Same  

For some reason, I'm guessing none of those even exist.

Photos of wife in a thong with a weapon = deployment motivation.
I have nothing more to add to this thread.

Monk
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 4:00:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top