Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2011 3:30:51 AM EDT
click for link, but it looks like they will soon be marketed at about 2000 stores nationwide.

also, here is the thread in GD that talks about the same thing.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:37:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll believe it when I see them in stores. No way I'm believing one 3 line article and I can't find any other news sources making that claim.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:46:31 AM EDT
[#2]
That there is some scary stuff.

It's already hard enough to make it in the gun business with WM in the long gun business.

I shudder to think what they might do to the already razor thin profit margin on handguns!!!

TD
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

It's already hard enough to make it in the gun business with WM in the long gun business.

I shudder to think what they might do to the already razor thin profit margin on handguns!!!

TD

We all know you guys make your money on the used stuff.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:22:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TD

You are 100% correct but we have to sell/inventory the new stuff to generate the foot traffic to sell the used stuff.

The profit margin on most new guns is roughly 10% on a good day.

TD
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 6:25:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TD

You are 100% correct but we have to sell/inventory the new stuff to generate the foot traffic to sell the used stuff.

The profit margin on most new guns is roughly 10% on a good day.

TD

Not only that but there is a selection of "Wal-Mart" Guns that regular retails simply can't touch. Some guns, as well as packages, are made specifically for Wal-mart. Dealer's simply can't price match an item that either they can't get in the first place, or that Wal-Mart retails below their cost.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Nobody makes money selling guns...Walmart just forced you guys have to quit gouging on ammo
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#7]
They used to sell them here in Newnan.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 8:58:54 AM EDT
[#8]
I go to Wally World for some regular stuff but trying to get anything at the gun counter is a total PITA. Most of the time there is no one around and if you can catch someone's attention it takes them forever to send over the guy with the key. And their selection sucks. And they don't know what they are looking at. And their pricing is really not that much cheaper to make it worth the hassle. And you have to buy it at that counter and not up front with the rest of your supplies. Just not worth it to me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:25:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm sure they will find some way to fuck it up.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm sure they will find some way to fuck it up.

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They used to sell them here in Newnan.

I remember a Walmart in Gwinnett county selling them in the early 90's.

I lived in Dekalb county back then and walmart sure as hell didn't sell handguns there. I wonder why?

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Hi-Points and Taurus and Rugers oh my.

WalMart has found out the only reason the white male demographic bothered to venture into their store. Stores with no ammo I didn't bother setting foot inside. I need a good reason to wade into a sea of bored illegals, and the view at Target is much better.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=9798

Link Posted: 5/3/2011 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#13]
according to the last few articles I've read, Walmart is bringing back long-gun sales to a lot of stores, but is not bringing back handguns.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Hi-Points and Taurus and Rugers oh my.

WalMart has found out the only reason the white male demographic bothered to venture into their store. Stores with no ammo I didn't bother setting foot inside. I need a good reason to wade into a sea of bored illegals, and the view at Target is much better.

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=9798

you are 100% right, here in Augusta, the walmart and targets are day and night difference
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top