Will the house pass it?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:14:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Will the house pass it?

Is that the church carry bill?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Is this the alcohol on Sunday bill???. Never mind that would be SB10.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#3]
My guess is this bill

http://www1.legis.ga.gov/legis/2011_12/fulltext/sb98.htm

Next step is to the house, my guess it won't pass in it's current state. It be rather interesting if it did pass as above, that is if I'm reading it correctly.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the bill that strikes most places, including church.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope that the House can fix the bill. There are some things that need addressing in it.

1) The definition of 'County or Municipal Government Building' is not clear.
2) It will allow carry in 'County and Municipal buildings', if the governing authority of the county or municipality allows it. This violates the whole idea of having state preemption on gun laws.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I hope that the House can fix the bill. There are some things that need addressing in it.

2) It will allow carry in 'County and Municipal buildings', if the governing authority of the county or municipality allows it. This violates the whole idea of having state preemption on gun laws.

That is a poor provision. I don't want to get in the situation of the law being imposed and interpreted by a Mountain Judicial Circuit municipal employee. Might get myself killed in the administrative confusion of a bunch of fourth-rate hacks who aren't certified to be in law enforcement.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:31:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a poor provision. I don't want to get in the situation of the law being imposed and interpreted by a Mountain Judicial Circuit municipal employee. Might get myself killed in the administrative confusion of a bunch of fourth-rate hacks who aren't certified to be in law enforcement.

Not all of us Mountain boys are hacks
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:41:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Well he didn't want to call you out by name that's all.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There was no implication you are, personally. The administration is a bunch of weasels, and it hurts the community both in reputation and finances. When I was up that way I made a conscious decision to defer the family lunch until after I was out of their territory. I don't need to be shot because some uncertified undercovers were hallucinating while crashing from their coke buzz.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#10]
The good news is that it's now in the hands of a state House that is very friendly to GCO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top