Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2011 3:19:22 PM EDT
Went by there today with a good friend of mine to pick up his MK18 upper. Some of the classiest, nicest bunch of people I have met in a long time. They were kind enough to give us a quick tour of the facility, and I can tell you that they run a first class operation. Of course, I don't know jack about CNC machining and such, but I was impressed to say the very least. It was pretty cool to see the whole process. I was also impressed with their attention to detail. Each part is measured mutiple times by multiple people and machines, checked and re checked. It was a little crazy seeing shelves full of lowers, crates upon crates of barrels in various stages and all of the other DD goodies. The hammer forge, although we didn't see it in action, was also pretty insane. I had no idea what hammer forging was before today.

Like I said, the folks there were super nice and treated us very well. I'll be looking to Daniel Defense first for my black rifle needs and wants.

If you ever have the chance to see the facility, do it. You will not be disapointed.

Oh, and we got to see some prototypes. More goodness coming from DD soon!!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:20:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Ever since they came on the scene, I mostly only buy DD's products.  It's also helping Georgia's economy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:26:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you happen to see my upper while you were there? I have heard nothing but good things about every aspect of DD
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have the original DDM4 and love it! Part of me wishes I held out for the V5, but I think in the long run I'll be glad to have their first model.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Did you happen to see my upper while you were there? I have heard nothing but good things about every aspect of DD

We didn't see any of the completed stuff, but Jake (our most gracious tour guide) told us that they were still trying like hell to get caught up. He said they shipped around 500 rifles out this past friday.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my DDM4v5. I'm very happy with them, and when possible it is good to help out a quality "local" company.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:55:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got one of the original model DDM4's.  Love it, nuttin' but good thangs to say 'bout it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 9:24:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I also visited the plant in September and second all the good things said. even down to the tour - very impressive...

did they say anything about the new machine that will make 1/9 twist barrels?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:30:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I attended a Ken Hackathorn carbine class a while back.  When I asked Hack what he thought about DD, he said at that time that if he could own just one civilian-legal M4, it would be a Daniel Defense.

Once I got rid of a couple bad mags, I haven't had a single malfunction of any sort.  Got over 3000 rounds (mostly Phaseline M193) through her so far (I named her Scarlett).  At 400yds, she'll got 10 for 10 with Phaseline ball ammo on a steel IPSC silhouette, using an Aimpoint Micro-T1 in a GG&G mount.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#11]
DD is good people!

The are local to me and I have alot of DD products.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#12]
I would LOVE to be able to afford DD stuff!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Got one of their CHF ML 16" barrels on closeout from AIM for the GA-15. I've been very happy with it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of their stuff. I'm saving up for a 14.5" ML lightweight CHF to replace my current Bushmaster 14.5 carbine barrel.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:19:47 PM EDT
[#14]
finished my last build with a DD upper and rail. Must say its my favorite stick. They have very tight tolerances!(bookhound will get that) and their quality is top notch. Im glad to be able to support a company in my home state!!!!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:09:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Got the original DDM4 labeled in Savannah, Ga. Love it, shoots tight and reliable. It is mine. I have makes of other brands for everybody else in the household. Oh yea, put an XPS3-0 on it. Like that too.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I love DD product, I try to use their rails on everything I build if i can afford it. I've been using their products for well over 5 years now. not a single thing from that plant I wouldn't trust my life with.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 2:14:44 AM EDT
[#17]
i just finished an all Daniel Defense 14.5 middy/Adams Arms carbine, it was worth the wait buying all the parts and assembling everything. the upper, lower, barrel and LPK are all first rate
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top