Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 2:01:46 PM EDT
the post about security at the gwinntett arena made me wonder if anybody has accidentally gone through a metal detector at any location and gotten through?  Of course none of us would purposely violate the law, but accidents do happen.  I went to a place that I did not think would have detectors.  It was a loong way back to the car.  I set off the detector but no weapons were found.  Just wondering if anybody else had this happen.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I did not take ammo through a metal detector once at an airport.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive been patted down many times with a firearm that was not found.  

Most private "security" offiicers are just being paid minimum wage to go through the motions.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:08:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a friend that was able to walk through a courthouse security scanner to pay his car tax with a P3at in his pocket. According to him the scanner went off and the officer waved him through anyways.

Was a complete mistake on the friends part. He was very upset when he got home and realized what he'd done.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:55:45 PM EDT
[#4]
My brother in law came to visit a couple years ago. We went to Bullseye on his last day here. Took him to the airport after the range.

Appearently the dogs they have at the airport noticed the spent brass in his pocket before he did. There was no greasy glove involved

but there was some heavy petting.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#5]
This thread reminded me of this:

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#6]
If whoever set up the metal detector turns the sensitivity to high it can cause a lot of false positives and misses.  Example it'll go off on a stick of juicy fruit and completely miss a large metal object like a 1911.  It happens a lot more than you think if the guards are allowed to adjust the metal detectors settings.  Back in the early 90's my Dad was in charge of setting up a bunch of them when he worked for Dept. of Juvenile Justice.  He got to go to a class and I still have the manual somewhere that tells you all sorts of ways to circumvent them.  He also demonstrated the effect for me.  Keep in mind that was 20 years ago and the newer detectors may be more advanced and retard resistant so this may no longer be applicable.

There are many other ways to circumvent metal detectors and their operators  that do not depend on the adjustment of the detector.  We don't talk about those though.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#7]
I know a guy.

And another guy.

And I ain't saying nothin.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I know a guy.

And another guy

http://topicalbible.org/k/know.htm

6. (v. i.) To have sexual commerce with.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:59:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know a guy.

And another guy

Funny how when you're gay you think everyone else is as well.

Without naming names one guy made it through with a mag, one guy with a loaded J-Frame. Neither knew they had it on them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know a guy.

And another guy

Funny how when you're gay you think everyone else is as well.

Without naming names one guy made it through with a mag, one guy with a loaded J-Frame. Neither knew they had it on them.

I tried to make a funny and I wasnt very happy with it myself. On a side note I'm going to break in that Sparrow Wednesday night, thanks again for the assistance.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:08:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I am surprised by the number of times I get thru with out setting one off. If I make it thru with my prosthetic, then a firearm would make it to. On the downside the airport is a bitch, especially overseas.

dan1leg
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:13:05 PM EDT
[#12]

No firearm but a full Monster Java drink in my carry on bag made it through. The big 20 oz can. Scary but at the same time I was glad as I enjoyed my drink while watching Kung Fu Panda on the in flight movie.

This happened while flying OUT of  Kuwait.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top