Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 2:35:08 PM EDT
Over on GPDO I stumbled upon a list of gun shops that Iceman put together. I entered them into my GPS and it has been such a blast

checking out new shops that I would have never known existed. With my job I travel all over Atlanta and the outskirts. Often times I

have time to kill before appointments and just being able to bring up fun shops on the GPS gives me a great time killer, although often

expensive. With Iceman's blessing in hand, I would like to expand upon his list and add all Georgia companies that support our dirty

little habit.

If you guys could shoot me names of:

Dealers

Pawnshops

Instructors

Gunsmiths

Ranges

Gun Clubs

Engravers

Holster Makers

Surplus Stores

Gear Shops

Knife makers

Storefront or not, Good bad and ugly. We all have our favorites, but there is also that little shop that may have that one thing

that somebody has been looking for years for.

If you could post names here or send me an email, I will add them to the list. When I get it put together I will post it here or I can send it to anyone who is interested.

Thanks
Mitch  

P.S. This is how im going to keep from driving my dealer crazy for the next three months.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:48:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently got some very nice custom leather from this guy.

Good guy, does great work for a very reasonable price.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
nice can you post your results?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know how many people on here use google maps, but if they could all be put on a google map, all one would have to do is pull that google map up and all the places would be marked across GA. Especially be nice for droid users to just pull that map up and the navigation would direct you to whichever store/range/whatever was selected. I know someone did a google map for all the mountain bike trails/shops around here and made everything much much easier for finding whatever trail was nearby.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 4:23:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I will definatley do the google maps thing.

Thanks IndianJoe.                      added
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:12:35 AM EDT
[#5]
did you ever finish the list?
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:15:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I am still working on it in my sparetime. I have apout 120 listings of gun shops, outdoor ranges, Instructors, and misc cool Ga companies, Not to mention a list of about 400 FFl in the state. Its slow but its getting there
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top