Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/29/2011 8:38:53 AM EDT
Hey guys.. I need some help finding a good general practice dr.
A sports background and willingness to listen to what i have to say/ask is a plus
I am 25 and have tried tlmbe good to my body but fail most of the time
My job and after work activities are also not always health friendly. What im wanting is someone that
Will help me keep an eye on my health quartely each year. I dont really like dr's because of paat experiences
but i have no choice. I have high blood pressure,anxiety/stress, and a bad family health history and just want to watch
out for any potential problems. The dr. Im seeing now is a jackass. And is way to old fashioned for even me.
I live around dahlonega but travel to atl daily. Any and all suggestions are appreciated ! Thanks yall
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Dr. Otto Goyco in Cumming.

My wife and I have been seeing him for a few years and are really happy with him. He actually listens to us.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Hitman2808
He may be too far, but Rob Puckett in Rome is great. He's young, but has the people skills of an old time country doctor. He also really stays current on medical practice and research. All around good guy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#3]
who is your health care plan with?  that can severely restrict your in-plan choices.

you should choose a Primary Care Physician that is affiliated with one of the better metro ATL hospitals (Piedmont, Northside, Emory).

your health care coverage is always the limiting factor in selecting a PCP.  i have used PCP's out of Piedmont and Emory-Crawford Long.  the referrals, admitting, and surgical privileges are better than relying on an outlying doc that may not even be board certified.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top