User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 10:33:08 AM EDT
Notice
Stolen Handgun
Sig Sauer P250, 9mm
Sub Compact
s/n EAK020311

(Nearly new, still in break-in mode with under 200 rounds fired)

This gun was picked up in the range
at Nick’s Gun, 2727 Canton Rd
Sometime on or after 1:56pm on Aug 31st

Please be on the lookout for this weapon and
notify Cobb County Police Pct #1
(770) 499-4181
if you are approached for a purchase.
Case # 10109702

Owner Contact:  Mike Pappafotis 770-617-6119
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:38:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Here I thought you couldn't GIVE those things away!

Stealing guns on at a indoor range is kinda scary. I know I haven't always watched mine like a hawk...
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:09:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Hope he gets it back.

I hate a lowlife son-of-a-bitching thief! I hope that shithead catches a fucking dirt nap!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He must have been a DESPERATE Mofo.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#4]
It takes a set to steal a gun off of a range.

This is why I always keep my guns on the bench in front of me. If I have to walk away (restroom, buy more ammo/targets, etc) and I don't have a friend shooting with me, the come with me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

have you ever shot one?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

don't knock something until you've tried it once!

I loved mine! like ive said 1000 times, i shot with it in one of joes tactical pistol matches. Also took the night-shooting class. While someones glock went ka-boom during the low-light course, i never to this day had any sort of failure in the 250!

If i still had it i'd be using it this weekend at joes steel challenge.....but i guess ill have to settle for the Walther P99as
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

*insert gay lifestyle joke here*  

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I loved mine! like ive said 1000 times, i shot with it in one of joes tactical pistol matches. Also took the night-shooting class. While someones glock went ka-boom during the low-light course, i never to this day had any sort of failure in the 250!

If i still had it i'd be using it this weekend at joes steel challenge.....but i guess ill have to settle for the Walther P99as

I was at that class and never saw anyone's gun go kaboom. THey might have had a malfunction, but the gun didn't blow up.

I've shot one, and am glad that I only had to do it once. The DAO was not too bad. My hate for them comes from a salesmans perspective. They don't sell. Sig refuses to admit the fact and keeps trying to force them down my throat.

Sig acts like it's the best thing ever. FED LE agencies know better.

Not knocking on anyone that has one. If you want to shoot something like that then it's your choice.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:11:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Did it belong to a customer or was it a rental?

I never leave my handguns unattended.

You'd think Nick's would have a camera and recording given their history.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#9]
did someone take it from you or did you leave it there and return to find it missing?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
did someone take it from you or did you leave it there and return to find it missing?

It wasn't Chris' gun, it was a customer's.

I'm assuming he left it and someone else took it from where it was left.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Notice
Stolen Handgun
Sig Sauer P250, 9mm
Sub Compact
s/n EAK020311

(770) 499-4181
Case # 10109702

It came from our store, originally
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:16:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't Chris' gun, it was a customer's.

I'm assuming he left it and someone else took it from where it was left.

He called us today, and that is what he said happened
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Notice
Stolen Handgun
Sig Sauer P250, 9mm
Sub Compact
s/n EAK020311

(770) 499-4181
Case # 10109702

It came from our store, originally

Why the 7+ day delay from August 31 till now? Did they leave it at the range accidentally?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:14:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was at that class and never saw anyone's gun go kaboom. THey might have had a malfunction, but the gun didn't blow up.

I've shot one, and am glad that I only had to do it once. The DAO was not too bad. My hate for them comes from a salesmans perspective. They don't sell. Sig refuses to admit the fact and keeps trying to force them down my throat.

Not knocking on anyone that has one. If you want to shoot something like that then it's your choice.

you're right, i should not have said ka-boom...on the pit next to the pistol lane someones glock locked up and wouldn't even come apart...Joe or the other guy couldn't figure it out...kaboom was the wrong word

i think the trigger is just as good as the old S&W revolver i had! yeah, its DAO, but its smooth!

Doug- you know better

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:26:07 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

you're right, i should not have said ka-boom...on the pit next to the pistol lane someones glock locked up and wouldn't even come apart...Joe or the other guy couldn't figure it out...kaboom was the wrong word

Ammo issue.  Grab the slide firmly with your support hand and with your primary hand drive the grip frame forward in a quick, forceful motion and you will unlock the pistol.  Start with your primary hand OFF the grip frame and several inches away.  Brace the pistol up against your chest for most leverage.  Make sure the muzzle never sweeps you.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:15:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i think the trigger is just as good as the old S&W revolver i had! yeah, its DAO, but its smooth!

Doug- you know better

That guy learned the hard way not to put your hand with the light in it over your pistol hand.  His slide hit the light and locked it up tight. He finished the course with my spare G-22.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doug- you know better

That guy learned the hard way not to put your hand with the light in it over your pistol hand.  His slide hit the light and locked it up tight. He finished the course with my spare G-22.

i remember that!  in short it had nothing to do with the pistol, it was operator error.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:09:35 PM EDT
[#18]
That sux..........hope ya get it back soon.............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top