Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 5:55:26 AM EDT
brandon and i went yesterday morning and i have to say it's quite a jam up job they did. the covered area, benches are great. they put a concrete walkway all the way to the 100 yard mark. they scraped off the walk way to the range and there was actually a paved walk way. i think the benches sit a little low but i like the way all the shooting benches can be shot from on both sides. also the middle bench is an open bench for stotage. the covered area made it much more enjoyable not having to sit in the sun. the only downside is that it's fudd central, i think it was deer rifle day yesterday, overall they really did a good job and the range is MUCH nicer now
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:34:50 AM EDT
[#1]
People sighting in for the coming hunting season. During hunting season in the past it was only crowded during the few hours after the morning hunt before the afternoon hunt. Seems the scope or gun must have been off because they missed a big one that morning and it had to have been the gun.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
People sighting in for the coming hunting season. During hunting season in the past it was only crowded during the few hours after the morning hunt before the afternoon hunt. Seems the scope or gun must have been off because they missed a big one that morning and it had to have been the gun.

yep, you nailed it
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
make sure you pick up your brass or you will earn a $225 littering ticket. The Park Ranger is watching from the woods with optics.

I went a few weeks back and got a stern lecture for 2 of us taking up 3 benches when only 2 other people were at the range... Some how we were being big dirty jerks for taking up space on a near empty day.

Also make sure your targets are placed at either 25 or 100yards, if not you could get kicked off the range.

Yea the seats are low, and the shade is nice.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to pick up others trash there trying to help keep it clean. Also used to put up with the ground plinkers kicking up dust 10ft out and flying rounds over the berm or to the sides. Never saw a Ranger there but it doesn't bother me that they are finally watching the place. Better that than whats happened at other places like shutting it down or cutting the hours back to nothing.
So what hapens now if you take a p––s in the woods.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:39:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
ISo what hapens now if you take a p––s in the woods.

you become a registered sex offender and lose your guns?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top