Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2010 4:45:57 PM EDT
As most of you know I am running for the State House of Representatives.  I recently received a GCO endorsement questionaire asking my position on guns.  I filled it out and sent it back a few days later.  The delay was because of a post I put on here about using firearms to defend property.  I haven't heard anything back and was wondering if anyone knew when GCO would be announcing their endorsements.  If my election was in November it wouldn't be a big deal right now but  I am in a three way Republican primary and their endorsement would be a good catch.  My election is on July 20th but early voting starts in the next few days.  If they don't endorsements for a few more weeks half of the people will have already voted.  Any info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]

You could always post your answers here!
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I would check out Ga packing.org since most of the leader type are on that site most of all.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:28:56 PM EDT
[#3]
+1, the sooner the better
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/2/2010 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fair enough.  The questionaire is eight pages long so I'm not going to retype the whole thing and its in such small type it won't scan clearly but I'll give you the basics of each question and my answer for each.
1. Do you believe that the GA Constitution gives the general assembly the right to regulate the places in which arms may be borne?  No
2. (multiple choice) What are valid personal uses of a privately owned firearm?  I chose hunting,target shooting,sport shooting,self defense,personal defense of other's personal safety, defense of property(with the exception of simple tresspass)  I did not choose "none"
3, 16, 17  All dealt with being forced to disarm as a condition of entering a property or an event and what responsibility should be transfered to the entity forcing me to disarm (storage, enhanced security, etc).  The basics of my answers were that a private property owner can ban firearms on their property if they choose and I as an armed citizen can vote with my feet and my wallet as to their decision.  However if a govt entity forces you to disarm then they absolutely assume the responsibilty of ensuring my safety including while in transit by allowing me to store my firearm.
4.Asked for a list of places I think it should be illegal to carry a firearm.  I answered on private property when the owner has banned firearms.
5 and 6 Dealt with requiring a license to carry openly and concealed.  Georgia's carry laws are based upon Georgia constitutional assumption of legislative ability to prescribe the manner in which arms may be borne.  I believe this assumption to be at odds with the US Constitution and therefore should be removed.  This would allow citizens to bear arms in the manner which they choose, as the founders intended.  If the state give you the ability to bear arms they can take it away as well.
7. Asked whether I agree with state preemption of local firearms laws.  I do
8 and 9.  Asked whether or not the govt should be able to confiscate firearms furing an emergency or any other time.  No
10. What law(s) will you work to repeal?  See #5 and 6
11 and 12.  What laws will you work to pass/introduce?  Campus carry and the right of an 18 year old to purchase a handgun.
13. Dealt with the exemption of many govt employees from carry laws. The question was are these peoples lives more valuable than any other citizen.  No
14.  Should an 18 yr old be able to purchase a handgun?  Yes
15. Should college students be able to carry? yes
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Muddiver, I am embarrassed to admit that I do not know who you are in real life (that is, no screen name).  Please send an email to Jerry Henry, GCO's Executive Director (contact info on leadership page).
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

How could we endorse somebody who wants to spread gun violence to the sacred halls of sanctuary that are Georgia Tech?  
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How could we endorse somebody who wants to spread gun violence to the sacred halls of sanctuary that are Georgia Tech?  

Darwin is alive and well.  The dumb ones will kill themselves off!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top