Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/14/2010 5:46:58 AM EDT
guess we will have to stay home this weekend i cancelled my trip to the braves game i am glad i dont live in atlanta area.http://www.cbsatlanta.com/video/23140191/index.html
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 5:47:28 AM EDT
[#1]
FREAKNIK IS BACK!!!

REVIVAL!!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 5:51:53 AM EDT
[#2]
not to mention all the other shit going on downtown this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 5:57:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a feeling that the influx of celebration and excitement will quickly cause its death again.

If they want the party to persevere they need to be smart on how they execute and control.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 6:42:46 AM EDT
[#4]
This is why I moved out of the city and into the country.  My house off Ponce was impossible to get to or from for almost anything.  Cops would setup roadblocks and ask me for my papers to enter. I would look at them and say "Do I look like a 21 year old black college student"?

A week long nightmare.  Out of town "promoter's" skipping out on equipment rental money left and right or stealing it outright. By year 3, I had them paying almost double in advance and holding their driver's lic and a credit card till the equipment was tested and back in my trucks.  Some were nice and came back to me year after year, those kids I gave a break to.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought the Mayor of Atlanta put a stop to this a month ago.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well in the musical they made Freaknik the mayor of Atlanta, then Obama gave him the presidency, so I think it overrides it all.

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Darn. I was planning to go to the Dogwood festival in Piedmont Park on Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#8]

This morning the Mayor said " No Freaknik". He was part of the original board that cancelled it to begin with. All permits have been shot down.

Too bad, I had already stocked up on Jerry Curl and crack rock.

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This morning the Mayor said " No Freaknik". He was part of the original board that cancelled it to begin with. All permits have been shot down.

That won't stop it.  They said on the news that no permits were required because it was all at private venues.  Freaknik lives on.  That musical cartoon was super funny too - I still have it DVRed and only got to watch the first half of it.  As soon as I saw the cartoon on Cartoon Network, I knew the festival would definitely be back.  Lots of money to be made.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That won't stop it.  They said on the news that no permits were required because it was all at private venues.  Freaknik lives on.  That musical cartoon was super funny too - I still have it DVRed and only got to watch the first half of it.  As soon as I saw the cartoon on Cartoon Network, I knew the festival would definitely be back.  Lots of money to be made.

Exactly....that 35 minute cartoon was a jump start to the heart.

It's hilarious......the cartoon is just so funny.

"This goes out to all the struggling strippers in the world."
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 9:57:49 AM EDT
[#11]
So glad I'm not on call this weekend.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#12]
i'll be working.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 10:14:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Great.....I live off Moreland Ave.

GF is coming in from out of town to learn how to shoot, perhaps I should tell her to come down next weekend.  Was also planning on going to the Sweetwater 420 fest with her and some friends.

Well, at least it is supposed to take place outside of Atlanta.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 10:17:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Darn. I was planning to go to the Dogwood festival in Piedmont Park on Saturday.

ARH
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 10:25:22 AM EDT
[#15]
FREAKNIK IS BACK IN TOWN

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 12:32:48 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Great.....I live off Moreland Ave.

GF is coming in from out of town to learn how to shoot, perhaps I should tell her to come down next weekend.  Was also planning on going to the Sweetwater 420 fest with her and some friends.

Well, at least it is supposed to take place outside of Atlanta.

Think of it this way, if she comes this weekend you might have to teach her real live target practice.

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#17]
I for one welcome Freaknik back to Atlanta.  It's been quite dull around here without Black College Spring Break.  May the Ghost of Freaknik, coupled with an NBA playoff game inspire YouTube epicness that will live on for eternity.

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I for one welcome Freaknik back to Atlanta.  It's been quite dull around here without Black College Spring Break.  May the Ghost of Freaknik, coupled with an NBA playoff game inspire YouTube epicness that will live on for eternity.

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/03/70/97/slideshow_497703_31loc_FREAKNIK_95_TRAFF_49373.jpg

http://www.blackcollegereunion.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/freaknik-atlanta.jpg

You would not be so welcoming if you or loved one has severe trauma and cannot get to Grady because they Freaknikers blocked the highway exit ramps.
Just saying....
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 1:18:47 PM EDT
[#19]
USPSA Area 6 Championship is at South River GC this weekend, too.  

Ah well.  I've got a few guns I haven't shot yet, and there's a range the opposite direction of this mess.

-Mike
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#20]
I am fortunate enough, along with the rest of my unit, to be working a "detail" for a Freaknic party Saturday from 3PM-3AM. Hope all stays calm honestly. Will post an update Sunday morning.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I am fortunate enough, along with the rest of my unit, to be working a "detail" for a Freaknic party Saturday from 3PM-3AM. Hope all stays calm honestly. Will post an update Sunday morning.

You know you're gonna join in.

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I remember my days as a deputy in the 90's...........the GSP brought us quite a few new residents from late night Freaknik drinking parties......
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://alt.coxnewsweb.com/cnishared/tools/shared/mediahub/03/70/97/slideshow_497703_31loc_FREAKNIK_95_TRAFF_49373.jpg

http://www.blackcollegereunion.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/freaknik-atlanta.jpg

You would not be so welcoming if you or loved one has severe trauma and cannot get to Grady because they Freaknikers blocked the highway exit ramps.
Just saying....

I remember them blocking an entire section of 75 SB with their cars going 20 mph in a line.  People were getting ready to start killing folks at that point.  Was able to encourage one to move over so I could use the EM lane to  get by.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I AM GOING TO GET MY FREAK ON!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 4:40:48 PM EDT
[#25]
awesome, i think it's hilarious that the teen girls volleyball regional will also be going on
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 4:51:15 PM EDT
[#26]
If I had teen girls this weekend would be a a mandatory lockdown.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 5:02:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

+1

I remember trying to get home,  never seen people just out walking around on the connector before.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Crap!
My work gave me 4 tickets to Braves game this Sunday.
I was taking Mrs Monk and our 2 oldest kids to the game.

I really hope this nothing but a bunch hype.

Monk
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Crap!

Monk

Are you with the boule?

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Welcome Back Boys, youtube will never be the same yeee hawwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/14/2010 6:39:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Crap!

Monk

Are you with the boule?  

Dude

You are going to have to translate your question in to old man speak.
The only boule I know any thing about is this.

Monk
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 6:41:19 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Crap!

Monk

Are you with the boule?  

Dude

You are going to have to translate your question in to old man speak.

The only boule I know any thing about is this.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/76/Boule_de_campagne_01.jpg/220px-Boule_de_campagne_01.jpg

Monk

It's a joke.....you had to see the cartoon.

"I'm back b****

Like that b****

Yee ain't gotta have no bread n**ga just act rich"

-Ghost of Freaknik

That show was so hilarious...
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 6:51:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

lol thing is most of them are coming from out of town. i wonder if they knew freaknik was having a revival when they scheduled it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Imma get my freak on at freaknik. Them big ole bootays are just bangin. Imma find me a little shawty dat can pop and lock it like nothin else and then imma tell her to shake it like a salt shaker.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol thing is most of them are coming from out of town. i wonder if they knew freaknik was having a revival when they scheduled it.

It's okay.

Freaknik is very good to the "women-ladies."
Link Posted: 4/14/2010 9:39:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
guess we will have to stay home this weekend i cancelled my trip to the braves game i am glad i dont live in atlanta area.http://www.cbsatlanta.com/video/23140191/index.html

also not going to any of the braves games this weekend, *pissed*  

can't they pick another city, i went fishing today and was driving and got asked if i could teach them how to fish, they promised to teach me to fry....sorry i know it's type casting but it's just too dam funny to me, not to repeat.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 6:34:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Guys going to Braves games, remember there are two other Braves teams in Ga. Ya, they arent the big name players, but they are the guys who will be the big names in a few years. Ive got a buddy starting on Saturday for Rome, and I heard great things about Gwinetts new stadium.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 7:18:54 AM EDT
[#38]
So you think if I went down to Freaknik and showed off my most excellent dancing skills that I could pick my up a new woman?

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 7:24:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So you think if I went down to Freaknik and showed off my most excellent dancing skills that I could pick my up a new woman?

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/perry73779/adam2.gif
http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s323/perry73779/adam.gif

How would you be able to pay for shooting anymore?
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 7:46:19 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

also not going to any of the braves games this weekend, *pissed*  

can't they pick another city, i went fishing today and was driving and got asked if i could teach them how to fish, they promised to teach me to fry....sorry i know it's type casting but it's just too dam funny to me, not to repeat.

It started IN Atlanta...and is part of the tradition.

There is no other city for it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How would you be able to pay for shooting anymore?

Jess knows I have whores over all the time ..... just as long as I keep them in a certain spot she doesnt mind.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 7:58:05 AM EDT
[#42]
That's just about the funniest cartoon CN has ever come out with

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well in the musical they made Freaknik the mayor of Atlanta, then Obama gave him the presidency, so I think it overrides it all.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 8:03:57 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Get it Adam

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

that's classic!  lol

Watching the news at noon.  Looks like ATL is gonna be a charlie foxtrot with all the stuff in town, and it looks like this freaknik thing is gonna happen.  There's a good reason it was canceled, but 15 years is a generation gap in some cultures, I guess.

-Mike
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 11:53:12 AM EDT
[#45]
SNIP

"I'm back b****
Like that b****

-Ghost of Freaknik

OK..I am still lost in the sauce over this.
Put me down as another clueless old dude.

Is this thing really going to happen or is it all news show hype?

Monk
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
SNIP

"I'm back b****
Like that b****

-Ghost of Freaknik

Monk

At this point I'd plan on it happening.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#47]
It's a large celebration that's been gone for awhile. People want to feel good and have fun and Ted Turner threw his hat in the ring. Remember what Sun Tzu said about soldiers who want to go home? Same thing here.

Oh yeah, Mr. Monk.

Start Here....and continue on to Part 2...and so on.

Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#48]
i remember news clips of the police cheif banging on a podium yelling "come to the ATL to get pumped", lol. a friend and i tried to drive home after the FRAM nationals, it was horrible, several hundred crotch rockets riding in packs, with the girls on the back showing off the "whale tails". traffic was horrible, attitudes where horrible, yes, they should find another city. but rappers have have the ATL here in the dirty south a place euphoria. some bastard was rapping about "welcome to atlanta where the playas, play". i don't get it, kind of like the So So Def records billboard, wtf. well, welcome to the new south i guess
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Welcome to Atlanta was an old song...an anthem though.

Kind of a silly song but if you listen to the lyrics you do get a lot of ATL culture out of it...southern culture in general. Even down the the waffle house.
Link Posted: 4/15/2010 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
SNIP

"I'm back b****
Like that b****

-Ghost of Freaknik

Monk

I have been working over around Stn Mnt all week...havent seen any influx yet
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top