Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/9/2010 3:16:15 PM EDT
So we have been getting phone calls from a collection company on the private unlisted home line. The guy my ex-wife was dating (she lives in Maine) moved down here and used my private number and who knows what else (which he got from my ex-wife) on credit apps or loan apps as a reference and contact number.
I know he did time years ago for something, seems the dirtbag is still up to gaming the system.
Will be checking our credit reports, have warned all the kids to stay away from him if he tries to contact them. Am shredding all mail.
He works as a laborer or something with his son - who I think also is a db.
Now is a waiting game so see if he is bold enough to try come by and try something else.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Have your girlfriend log onto the three credit bureaus and do a credit freeze.  it is $5-10 per credit bureau and prevents anyone from opening any credit in their name.  This is not one of the credit protection ripoffs like Life Lock or anything.   You pay a one time fee and lock your credit at the source, and nobody can open anything in your name every again.  If you need to open some credit, you login, get a one time password, and give it to the creditor that is running your credit.

Keep logs on any phone calls, mail, email, texts, etc and turn them into the police if it gets to be a problem.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:47:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Have your girlfriend log onto the three credit bureaus and do a credit freeze.  it is $5-10 per credit bureau and prevents anyone from opening any credit in their name.  This is not one of the credit protection ripoffs like Life Lock or anything.   You pay a one time fee and lock your credit at the source, and nobody can open anything in your name every again.  If you need to open some credit, you login, get a one time password, and give it to the creditor that is running your credit.

Keep logs on any phone calls, mail, email, texts, etc and turn them into the police if it gets to be a problem.

there's some reading comprehension missing here.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Whatever Doug,  Sorry I mixed up ex-wife with girlfriend.  Was a long day.  

He said he was checking his credit reports.  Why else would he do that if he wasn't worried about the dirtbag opening accounts in his ex-wifes or his name?  

The personal safety issue can be dealt with by the police if needed, and I am sure the Op carries a gun as well incase the dirtbag comes around.

Just offering good information on how to protect your credit for the cheapest and most secure way possible.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:15:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Exwife, girlfriend... what's the difference!

Quoted:

Whatever Doug,  Sorry I mixed up ex-wife with girlfriend.  Was a long day.  

He said he was checking his credit reports.  Why else would he do that if he wasn't worried about the dirtbag opening accounts in his ex-wifes or his name?  

The personal safety issue can be dealt with by the police if needed, and I am sure the Op carries a gun as well incase the dirtbag comes around.

Just offering good information on how to protect your credit for the cheapest and most secure way possible.  

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:37:48 PM EDT
[#6]
So far credit reports are ok.
Ex-wife is still a drunk
Kids are still with me -but not sure about the Marxist son at Georgia State - I think he may be a bit lost - wakeup call when he has to pay taxes this year!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Alimony
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
 That is so true!!  :)

Quoted:
Quoted:

Alimony

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top