Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2010 1:06:17 PM EDT
Ok, not too cheap to buy one, got the MOE Hanguard yesterday, but no one has any of the magpul moe rails in stock right now, and my g/f really wanted a vfg on her rifle for the next time she shoots, so i figured i'g just make one until someone has the rails in stock. Only black plastic i had was some 3" high strenth delrin type material, so the color isn't an exact match, but it threaded and knurled great.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice Grip, but turn this into a BOTD thread and post pics of the girlfriend.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
don't mind posting pics of her, gimme a sec, not gonna be botd "style" pics though, those are for my eyes only.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Her ya go...

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#4]
yes please.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
awesome grip buddy, your girlfriend is also very nice, sweet lady.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:35:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
awesome grip buddy, your girlfriend is also very nice, sweet lady.

She's as good as gold to me, plus she enjoys shooting, not much more i can ask for, we still gotta drop that screwdriver off by your house one evening, have a thousand of them layin around here, but if i didn't forget something everytime i went to the range it just wouldn't feel right.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:47:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Black rattle can it!

IBBHSI

(In Before Bookhound says it)

Nice job though.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 2:55:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Black rattle can it!

IBBHSI

(In Before Bookhound says it)

Nice job though.

well seeing how she wants her rifle "pink camo", it's gonna get a rattle can anyway, after i find some moe rails and buy another vfg.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL.  I will "camo" it for free with hot pink, neon green, neon yellow and a splash or bright orange for free.  

Seriously.

Oh yeah...nice lookin' lady ya got there.  

Mark
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:21:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Think i should spray the whole gun? will the barrel burn off the paint, she never fires more than 60 rounds through it rapid fire. Gonna pick up the krylon tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:52:13 PM EDT
[#11]
forget the gun!

I think you should start a BOTD thread with her!!!!

ask her I bet she will like it!
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:07:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
forget the gun!

I think you should start a BOTD thread with her!!!!

ask her I bet she will like it!

You just named two things that would git my ass kicked, posting her pics in a botd thread, and forgetting her rifle, and now that she knows how to shoot, that could be dangerous for me

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#13]
The paint will cook on the barrel a little but it won't discolor too much.  Go for it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The paint will cook on the barrel a little but it won't discolor too much.  Go for it.

Book, since we're on the topic of krylon i got a question for you. i painted my ar a mix between tan/brown and have about 2000+ rounds through it since its been painted. the barrel under my RIS is turning a 'rust' color. it wasn't purposly painted, it only got the mist coming through the KAC RIS hole cutouts.. is it rusting? or does the barrel just cook the paint to become that color?

thanks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:25:52 PM EDT
[#15]
if it's only the spots that got the overspray turning that color it's prolly the paint, if other parts under there are spotting with rust color it may be rust, even though the questin wasn't directed to me
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#16]
gotcha. thanks BG.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 4:28:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep, it is the paint.  And that will still come off even after the "baking" if you hit it with lacquer thinner.

Don't worry about it.

Mark
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#18]
This thread started off well, and quickly advanced into the ranks of awesome.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 11:21:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Ok, trying to figure out what to do with her rifle as far as paint, she wants the rifle to stay mostly black but add some kinda pink accents, not like painting the handguard etc pink, but just some pink thrown in here and there, thought about maybe stripes or something, need some ideas, maybe lay out the stripes and instead of spraying through mesh, spray through some lace fabric. dunno, have any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#20]
You can keep most of the gun black as you said, and add a logo like this to the lower reciever or something..

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#21]
well she mentioned a pink punisher skull on the reciever, but she likes that too, what about the rest of the gun, maybe some pink digicam here and there, dunno.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:27:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Pink tiger stripes will look cool if you keep them spaced out a bit.  You don't want to over do it with Pink.  I have seen Pink digi-cam on a couple of girls guns that work for Robinson Armament and I don't like the way it looks.  It looks very airsoft to me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:32:39 PM EDT
[#23]
thanks for the heads up, prolly gonna try that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Do a negative image.

Paint the entire rifle pink, hot pink, bright pink.

Then wrap it with some mesh, sniper's vale, or even better some hot lace panties that she will be wearing the the BOTD thread.

After its wrapped, then go back and paint it black.

What this will do is leave all the covered area by the lace panties to be pink and everything else is black.

Do it with krylon, if you don't like it, then it's easy to come off. But if you DO like it then pay someone to put a clear duracoat over top it to seal it!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top