Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2010 4:22:51 PM EDT
my daughter goes to college in milledgeville,, well i called her this morning and she tells me about meeting big ben in town last night and how nice he was,, well i tell her to stay away from that predator and she thinks im an old fogie that doesnt know anything then i turn on the evening news and cant wait to see her and see what she thinks now
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 4:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
what?
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
AJC story

Roethlisberger officially a suspect in Milledgeville sexual assault

By Marcus K. Garner and Christian Boone

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
8:02 p.m. Friday, March 5, 2010

Milledegeville Police said Friday that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is a suspect in the sexual assault of a Georgia College & State University student.

Roethlisberger and his 20-year-old accuser visited "multiple establishments" together late Thursday night before the alleged attack, said Milledgeville Police Deputy Chief Richard Malone during a press conference early Friday evening.

The quarterback has spoken with police, said his agent who, in a statement, denies the charges leveled against his client. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation is assisting in the investigation.

The unidentified woman claims she was "sexually assaulted or sexually manipulated" by a man, police said. The woman, treated and released from Oconee Regional Medical Center, described her attacker as 6-foot-5, and 241 pounds, though she did not name Roethlisberger, who just turned 28, as the perpetrator.

Police said the incident took place between 11 p.m. Thursday and 2:30 a.m. at the Capital City nightclub at 119 South Wayne Street near downtown Milledgeville and the GCS campus.

"He's been identified as being at the scene," Malone said.

"The woman approached one of our officers in the downtown area near Capital City saying she'd been sexually assaulted," by a the suspect described in the police report, Milledgeville Police spokesman David McNeely told the AJC.

According to various media outlets, Roethlisberger has a winter home in Reynolds Plantation, a resort community on Lake Oconee in Greensboro.

He's been accused of sexual assault before.

Last year, a woman claimed she was raped by the quarterback in 2008 in a Lake Tahoe, Nev. hotel room. Although no criminal charges were filed, the woman, Andrea McNulty, filed a civil suit against Roethlisberger to compel him to make a public admission and give her an apology and $100,000.

Return to AJC.com for more updates as they become available.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#3]
if he did it, i hope he is held accountable.  it the girl is a brazen little hussy looking for a quick buck, i hope she is exposed as the slut she is.

that guy is 28 and has the world by the tail....and he wants to throw it away for a piece of tail.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 5:41:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

if he did it, i hope he is held accountable.  it the girl is a brazen little hussy looking for a quick buck, i hope she is exposed as the slut she is.

that guy is 28 and has the world by the tail....and he wants to throw it away for a piece of tail.  

Yeah...need more info on that one. Not that I'm a huge fan of his anyway...but for some reason I think she knew what she was doing...

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 5:52:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Why the hell was he in milledgeville ?
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

He must be crazy.
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The woman, treated and released from Oconee Regional Medical Center, described her attacker as 6-foot-5, and 241 pounds, though she did not name Roethlisberger, who just turned 28, as the perpetrator.

Wow. That's pretty specific. Like, NFL website specific: http://www.nfl.com/players/benroethlisberger/profile?id=ROE750381
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 6:03:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He must be crazy.

11alive news says that he has a residence in the area ............
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 6:18:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Did she know his pass rating as well?  And exactly what in the hell is sexual manipulation?
Link Posted: 3/5/2010 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I herd he had a house on Lake Oconee, but still, why the f%$# Milledgeville.. I live here and I miss all the shit

One of the wifes friends was stalking Luke Bryant today in town.

Link Posted: 3/5/2010 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I was supposed to work that zone last night, but called in due to flu.  Guess getting the flu did save me some paperwork. IIRC, he's got a lake house nearby too.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 2:33:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was supposed to work that zone last night, but called in due to flu.  Guess getting the flu did save me some paperwork. IIRC, he's got a lake house nearby too.

You missed your chance for an autograph.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 4:13:07 AM EDT
[#13]
The assault took place "between 11pm and 2:30am".Sounds like "I got drunk and then decided I was raped".
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:23:25 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You missed your chance for an autograph.

I'm sure there are some "autographs" at the PD.

Link Posted: 3/6/2010 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

He has a house up at Reynold's plantation, about 45 minutes or so away.

This is a college town, so we have a lot of bars.
I'm in Milledgeville. Earlier in the night, I got a call from my roommate who was downtown at The Brick (a bar). He said Roethlisberger was down there with Willie Colon.

He (my roommate) recognized that if he were Roethlisberger, he'd probably want to be left alone, and decided he'd just try to say hey and give him a high-five. No luck.

He characterized Roethlisberger as a dick.

If you weren't a college girl, he didn't want to waste his time

Willie Colon must have felt bad, because only a couple folks knew who he was.

Roethlisberger had two bodyguards with him.
A little after 12:45 AM he went down to Velvet Elvis, a good place to go if you are a date-rapist/looking to get date-raped.

Then later to Capital City (1:30ish is what I've been told), a shitty club full of toolbags who make bad decisions go looking to fuck other toolbags who make bad decisions.
I don't know the name of the girl he supposedly sexually assaulted. I know she is 20 and is in a sorority (read description of Capital city), Zeta I think. I doubt I know her, but I don't have a name so I'm not sure.
I wouldn't be surprised if he did, and I really wouldn't be surprised if he didn't (though if she really didn't know his name, or his status, and considering him being on a pussy-hunt earlier in the night, I'd be more inclined to believe the first)
OP: What year is your daughter?

Link Posted: 3/6/2010 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#16]
my kid is a sophomore and saw him at the brick, talked a little with him. i told her next time stay away from the bastard. i know he was on a beaver hunt
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
my kid is a sophomore and saw him at the brick, talked a little with him. i told her next time stay away from the bastard. i know he was on a beaver hunt

Really, a 28 yr old Millionaire on the hunt for some college trim ........ say it isnt so.
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#18]
This is funny!!!!

Adult eyes only!!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Word last night around the hospital was the charges were dropped, but I haven't checked the news to see if this is the case...

The bad thing is, even if the girl made the story up (or fibbed even a little), the damage is done.  Of course, its also possible that one of his handlers got involved, a little hush money exchanged hands, and the story will fade into obscurity.  Regardless, the damage has been done...
Link Posted: 3/6/2010 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

This is funny!!!!

Adult eyes only!!!!

You need to be banned!

Link Posted: 3/6/2010 11:17:26 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Word last night around the hospital was the charges were dropped, but I haven't checked the news to see if this is the case...

The bad thing is, even if the girl made the story up (or fibbed even a little), the damage is done.  Of course, its also possible that one of his handlers got involved, a little hush money exchanged hands, and the story will fade into obscurity.  Regardless, the damage has been done...

As I understand it, he wasn't charged but is under investigation.

Even the GBI is involved.

Video link

Special Agent in Charge Tom Davis (a professor at GC&SU) is on the left

The reason I know about that link (it's on TMZ's website
) is that my roommate had posted that Roethlisberger was downtown early in the night, and the next day was contacted by TMZ for info
. Paparazzi really know what they're doing, I guess

Link Posted: 3/7/2010 4:50:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Soooo....was there oral involved?

Pretty hard to claim rape if you're smokin the pole...
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:14:35 PM EDT
[#23]
i believe this story is completely made up by the girl. if you have ever been in capital city you know where the girls bathroom is (right at the front next to the bar) and there is always a line like 15 girls waiting, i doubt very seriously that the story is legit. them same girl has pics with him earlier in the night all cozied up to him. they need to start taking legal action against these little hussies when they start crap like this looking to get a quick buck.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 1:46:00 PM EDT
[#24]
beaver hunt....thats freakin good
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top