Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2009 7:38:54 AM EDT
I just seen that in the paper.  I've been to these shows before and they arn't the best, but its something to do.  

Is anybody going?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#1]
a guy from work asked if i would go with him sunday, he wants an AR. so my consulting fee will be admission, yeah i'll be there early afternoon, any of you other augusta area fellows want to meet up?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
a guy from work asked if i would go with him sunday, he wants an AR. so my consulting fee will be admission, yeah i'll be there early afternoon, any of you other augusta area fellows want to meet up?

Sadly he will probably find better prices at a store then at the show unless he really lucks up on something.

I might go and try to sell something
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly he will probably find better prices at a store then at the show unless he really lucks up on something.

I agree with Taxman, havn't seen any deals on AR's there before, but you never know.  Maybe someone will be walking around with something.

What will you be selling Taxman?  What day will you be there?  I might head out there tomorrow morning.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 3:27:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with Taxman, havn't seen any deals on AR's there before, but you never know.  Maybe someone will be walking around with something.

What will you be selling Taxman?  What day will you be there?  I might head out there tomorrow morning.

No idea Im not 100% on going,  May grab some ammo and a bolt gun or two

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 1:07:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey Vote, count me in for sunday ol' buddy if you can stand some more company
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 3:30:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey Vote, count me in for sunday ol' buddy if you can stand some more company

absolutely, man. that would be cool if we could hang out. Zakk from fairway and another guy want to go, the other fellow wants a black rifle. i figured we could see what's there and if nothing help him with a build so he can get exactly what he wants on a gun. call me, i was thinking of going at 1pm, something like that
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I went to the show today, usual waste of $7.00.

There were some decent prices for a small show and a few ok ammo deals.

I didn't see any bulk ammo.
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can be a good place to show him what to look for and not to look for, though ;) And tell him what he really should pay....
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can be a good place to show him what to look for and not to look for, though ;) And tell him what he really should pay....

you read my mind, looking forward to looking at chinese "scopes and red dots"

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

you read my mind, looking forward to looking at chinese "scopes and red dots"

I should walk around with my AR just to see what the worst lowball offer Id get
Link Posted: 12/19/2009 5:32:43 PM EDT
[#11]
It was better than usual, but not worth the cost of admission. Picked up some .45 ($18/bx) saw some Ranger ammo (.40 S&W $30/bx)

Heavy on EBR's and from the pricing you would have thought they were rare :-)

GCO has a good location and plenty of friendly people manning the booth (A friend of mine signed up)

Other than a nice Argentine Cavalry Mauser Carbine nothing really caught my eye (and at $400 the carbine was out of the "Neat I'd like to play with that" and firmly in the "What the heck is it worth? category.)

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:19:38 AM EDT
[#12]
explain high priced EBR's?  What were you looking at for too high priced??
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I guess if you give some one a gun and $50 they will still think you are charging them too much.

If you want to pay air soft prices buy an air soft. If you want quality it will cost a little more.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Saw a lot of standard carbine AR's between 950 to 1000 you could build yourself a lot cheaper. Only stripped lowers I saw were too much too.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 1:32:29 PM EDT
[#15]
You can almost always build them cheaper... But thats because you don't pay labor and tax. My first AR15 I paid 900 for complete with 1 mag and a couple boxes of ammo. It was a decent deal.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Saw a lot of standard carbine AR's between 950 to 1000 you could build yourself a lot cheaper. Only stripped lowers I saw were too much too.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 1:53:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You can almost always build them cheaper... But thats because you don't pay labor and tax. My first AR15 I paid 900 for complete with 1 mag and a couple boxes of ammo. It was a decent deal.
Quoted:
Quoted:

Manufactures buy at volume and prices we never see. Even with the taxes there is a significant difference in what you can put one together for paying retail prices and the prices I saw at the show.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 3:23:33 AM EDT
[#17]
i watched an obivous straw purchase while i was there, 3 thug/gangstas came in with a girlfriend(i guess) in front of a buddy and me, they handled every tech9, ak47, sks, hipoint "tacticool carbine". anyways they found what they wanted, gave the money to her and she did the rest. what really was funny is that the russian ww2 rifle she was buying, homeboy went and bought the wrong ammo at georgia arms. i just shook my head and walked the other way.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:59:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey Vote it was great to see you again.

I have had a few straw attempts made before but none at the Augusta show. Red flags go up when I see a group of guys looking and someone else attempting to make the purchase.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:35:08 AM EDT
[#19]
How I wish these "homeboys" would get busted (if that is indeed the case).  I am fed up with thugs.  I am tired of being out in public and seeing these thugs walk around with their pants down and stroking themselves if front of everyone.  I am tired of the gheto crusiers with their filth blasting while they pump gas or while sitting at a red light.  And to make it clear to everyone, thugs come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.  (Sorry for hijacking the thread).  May all have a safe and wonderful Christmas!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top