Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2009 6:25:30 AM EDT
NRA Law Enforcement Patrol Rifle Instructor class

Hosted by East Point PD

April 12-16, 2010

Located at the East Point PD outdoor range in Sweetwater Creek State Park, 1750 Mt Vernon Rd, Lithia Springs, GA

Tuition is $525 payable to NRA prior to school (check, MO, CC, or po#)

NRA Law Enforcement Patrol Rifle Instructor Certification is applied upon successful completion of school and tuition paid.

Send Application, copy of LE ID, and $525 tuition to:

National Rifle Association
Attn: Patrick Gallivan
Law Enforcement Activities Division
1125 Waples Mill Rd, Fairfax, VA  22030

Tel-(703)267-1624
Fax-(703)267-3834

Email [email protected]

Local contact is Major Donald Chase  (404) 559-6257

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#1]
That would be quite the class to take if it wasn't restricted...

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Any idea on how many rounds will be needed for this course. I will probably fund the course myself and see if the PD will kick in the rounds.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#3]
From the website-

Patrol Rifle Instructor
This school centers on the patrol rifle for officers using iron sights or optics (which must be removed for zeroing exercises). The classroom portion informs students how to teach basic fundamentals of rifle marksmanship and handling, how to zero iron-sighted rifles, and discusses zeroing policy and liability concerns. Range work quickly moves from basic marksmanship to tactical movement, use of cover, various firing positions, pivots and turns, use of the safety circle concept, reloading under stress, firing on the move, multiple threats, decision-making, and reduced light threat identification and firing. Students design a tactical course of fire and are responsible for developing a lesson plan and running fellow students through their course at the end of the week. (Officers attending this class are expected to be capable of firing 6 inch groups with a rifle at 50 yards from the prone, sitting, kneeling and standing positions, and possess the ability to make accurate rifle sight adjustments, field strip, reassemble, load and unload their respective rifles, prior to arrival. THIS is not a basic operator school.) In addition to the above mentioned equipment, the following are ALSO necessary for this school:

Duty-type, law enforcement patrol rifle, (rifle or pistol caliber is acceptable), equipped with a sling.
At least three rifle magazines with a capacity of 20 rounds or more.
1,200 rounds of duty or training rifle ammunition.
100 rounds of duty or training handgun ammunition.
Waterproof ground cover for prone zeroing exercises.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if you get POST credit for it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

you know you wanna become a reserve deputy.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:08:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Naw, but I might run for sheriff some day. Be a nice change to have an administrator who understood the system.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 8:34:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Naw, but I might run for sheriff some day. Be a nice change to have an administrator who understood the system.

Get some LE experience under your belt if you ever decide to become sheriff. If you dont you will just be that attorney that became a sheriff.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 8:36:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder if you get POST credit for it.

Yes you will, as a matter of fact if you take the firearms instructor course taught by NRA it qualifies you as a POST Firearms IT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top