Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2009 11:00:57 AM EDT
Just got the call, police are looking for a black man in a camo jacket and blue jeans, White Hall/Riverbend area behind UGA golf course, armed and dangerous. Will update when I get the email.

Edit-
Athens-Clarke police are searching for a man they believe shot and killed a woman this afternoon in a shopping center parking lot off South Milledge Avenue. The woman’s body was found in a white Ford Explorer at the Shoppes of South Athens near the intersection of South Milledge Avenue and Macon Highway. Police received a call shortly before 2 p.m. from a third party who said a man had just shot someone. Police have a suspect and are searching in the area of Jade Drive, a short street off Whitehall Road. The University of Georgia put out an alert to faculty and students, stating: “Police are looking for a dangerous suspect near UGA golf course. Please stay away from this area.” The suspect is a black man wearing jeans and a camouflage jacket. According to UGA’s alert, authorities believe he is armed and dangerous.

I thought I heard on the scanner that he was found in another county, and that all units are back in service. Waiting for the all clear.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 11:56:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Confirmed all clear.

"According to Athens-Clarke County police, the suspect, Michael Wise, 25, was found dead in Oglethorpe County with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound. He is accused of killing Kendra Borders, 20, in the parking lot of the Shoppes of South Athens on South Milledge Avenue. She died of a gunshot wound."
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
damn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top