Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 1:10:52 PM EDT
I live in Atlanta (Buckhead), and I'm wondering where the best outdoor range is that's reasonably close by.  Thanks for any feedback.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Creekside is by far the best local range. I live near Chastain Park area and it takes me 60 minutes... Lots of classes , NFA friendly..... If you shoot there often you should support Joe and join as a member.
Creekside

Chris

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
WELLLLLLLL there are a few choices.

There are two DNR ranges, Charlie Elliot, out 20.  Then there is one up 985 but I cant remember the name of it (someone will),

Dekalb county range is open once a month on fridays to the public I do believe.

American Classic Marksman on PIB and Medlock bridge (25yd indoor range)

Bullseye in Lawrenceville, Bullseye in Cumming, (not affieated with each other)( both indoor 25yards)

Pannells and Nicks in the Cobb County area (both indoors) not sure on distance.

South River Gun Club in Conyers is an outdoor range but I believe it is members only. (if its not I am sure someone will say something)

River Bend Gun Club in Dawsonville, is a private club.

Cherokee Gun club in Gainesville I think it is, private members only.

Little river gun club out 20 on the west side, is a members only club as well.

Pickens County gun club in Pickens county (imagine that), members only.

Lastly there is Creekside in Taylorsville, open to the public as well as memberships available for individuals and families. if you are going to shoot 8 times a yr at Creekside pay the daily fee, if you plan to use it more than that for regular shooting think about a membership and you will save money by not paying a daily fee but a one time fee for the membership which gains you access to the pits and access on wednesdays for shooting long range.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I live in downtown Atlanta near Tech.

I only go to Creekside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top