Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2009 5:10:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry DK, us professional eaters should elaborate when a finer establishment adds a new opportunity to our list of fine eating establishments........looks delicious, don't it?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Sorry DK, us professional eaters should elaborate when a finer establishment adds a new opportunity to our list of fine eating establishments........looks delicious, don't it?

Eggs Benedict AND Prime Rib!
AND tomorrow's my birthday!

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Eggs Benedict AND Prime Rib! AND tomorrow's my birthday!

Well then happy birthday my friend. So um........how many candles?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Jazz, and N-O chow?

Cool stuff.

Happy birthday. He's like 29 tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
how many candles?

12 I think....
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:05:32 PM EDT
[#6]
For $19 that breakfast better come with a lap dance.

Happy Birthday.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:11:06 PM EDT
[#7]

We ate at Copeland's one time.  Not our thing.  My wife ordered some kind of chicken in gravy/sauce that sounded good on the menu but was actually nasty, and I ate it and gave her my food, which was slightly better.  It was very expensive.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:22:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For $19 that breakfast better come with a lap dance.

Happy Birthday.

THIS
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:56:12 AM EDT
[#9]
All of the Rays Restaurants brand restaurants have a Sunday brunch that is awesome, and its around $22 I believe
http://raysontheriver.com/brunch.html
Old Mill in Acworth has a Sunday brunch that I have heard is good and its $16.
http://www.acwortholdmill.com/Sunday_brunch/index.html
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 12:09:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Bah!  Do the Copeland's cheesecake bistro brunch instead.
There is one is Atlantic Station.

Same owners, totally different venue and menu.

Trust the guy from Baton Rouge who's neighbor was the Copeland's district manager

ETA:  Fried Crawfish Ravioli or Black-N-Blue chicken Po' Boy.....That is all.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm afraid I'm not able to give it a good review. The Bananas foster was a favorite of my wife and the boy chomped down on the fruit that was there but I just did not enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Music no good?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:08:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm afraid I'm not able to give it a good review. The Bananas foster was a favorite of my wife and the boy chomped down on the fruit that was there but I just did not enjoy it.

pappadeaux bananas foster is the best I've ever had
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#14]
pappadeaux in Alpharetta has a Sunday Brunch for if I remember correct;y $15.00

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:33:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Try the Bistro.
I'm not a fan of the regular Copeland's.

The pear foster cheesecake is to die for...
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Music no good?

Music was fine. The Prime rib was under cooked. It needs to be rare, but if the fats are still grisly then it is not cooked enough. They need to be buttery and smooth. The rest of the food was fine, but certainly not better than I could do at home for cheaper. I just was not impressed.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#17]
sorry to that but happy birthday all the same
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Happy birthday btw.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:11:01 PM EDT
[#19]
thanks guys
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:44:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Music no good?

Music was fine. The Prime rib was under cooked. It needs to be rare, but if the fats are still grisly then it is not cooked enough. They need to be buttery and smooth. The rest of the food was fine, but certainly not better than I could do at home for cheaper. I just was not impressed.

DK, I also like my beef rare but grisly fat comes with the territory. How do you expect a rare steak or prime rib where the fat is cooked but the lean meat is still rare?

TD
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Music no good?

DK, I also like my beef rare but grisly fat comes with the territory. How do you expect a rare steak or prime rib where the fat is cooked but the lean meat is still rare?

TD

Well, when I go to better restaurants they pull it off... so it can be done. I think that is the principle difference between rare and raw. Also remember in a standing rib roast the fat is closer to the exterior of the meat allowing it to cook more quickly than the core.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Music no good?

TD

Well, when I go to better restaurants they pull it off... so it can be done. I think that is the principle difference between rare and raw. Also remember in a standing rib roast the fat is closer to the exterior of the meat allowing it to cook more quickly than the core.

I must speak my peace.  The prime rib is the primal cut of beef from which ribeyes are cut(as I am sure you all know).  You are absolutely correct and made my mouth salivate thinking of well executed prime rib and the succulent buttery fat cap.  The buttery effect is achieved by cooking the prime rib at a very low temperature for an extended amount of time allowing the marbling that naturally occurs in the ribeye and the fat cap on top to soften to its buttery goodness.  If it was gristly then they cooked it at too high a temperature most likely due to incompetence in the kitchen(forgot to throw it in the oven in time etc).  I was very unimpressed with Copelands and am generally unimpressed with the big chain restaurants...but then again I know how easy it is to cook food properly and it is very frustrating when you can tell the person that handled your food doesn't give a shit.

Man, now I need some prime rib.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top