Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2009 2:12:25 PM EDT
Anyone know if the new police department/chief sign?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't take the chance and just go the NFA trust route.  The money wasted on fingerprint cards, and running all around would be better spent having a lawyer draw up a trust for you and not have to go through all the stuff.  

Trusts are much better as you can add your wife or kids on there incase something happens to you.  If you register it to just you, if something happens to you, or if your wife or kids want to shoot it, you have to be there.  I am going to be making a trust up later this year for an SBR and will be contacting Dking.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#2]
This is not like it is a secret procedure.  Just take the form down to the Chief and say, "Hi.  Here is my Form 4.  Would you please sign here?"
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
i would just go the trust route.  no fingerprint cards, no passport photos, no background check to wait for.  Just complete your trust, complete your form 4, and send your stuff in with the funds and wait!

EDIT TO ADD:
I did up my own trust with Quicken Will Maker.  Was easy and cost me $30 to download and then I just went to a bank for a notary signiture.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 8:46:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Give it a shot.  I wish I had.  Instead I just went the "easy way" and did a Quicken will maker trust.  Now there are people saying that some will maker trusts are invalid and the BATFE is confiscating weapons held by the illegitimate trusts.  There are also several people that say that is BS.  Either way I still worry about it and wish I had gone for the LEO sign-off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top