Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 10:33:50 AM EDT
Hey guys, im trying to come up with some good ideas for part time work to help with some bills (college student).

What do you guys think of calling up some gun shops in my area to see if they need help?

Am i barking up the wrong tree here or do you think a college kid with better than average gun knowledge and motivation be an asset?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I tried this about a month ago, with no luck. The way the gun market is right now all shops are pretty much fully staffed, if not laying off employees. That's not to say it wouldn't hurt to call around though, the worst they can say is no.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:14:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Joe was looking for part time help at creekside.....but thats kinda far for us for part-time work

i trield Panells with no luck- im not even going to try nicks....

as for that adventure outdoors is probbaly fully-staffed....

so no luck around cobb
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hey guys, im trying to come up with some good ideas for part time work to help with some bills (college student).

What do you guys think of calling up some gun shops in my area to see if they need help?

Am i barking up the wrong tree here or do you think a college kid with better than average gun knowledge and motivation be an asset?

It might help if list your location.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:57:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, sorry. I'm smack dab in the middle of Atlanta.

I wasn't meaning to post getting and ad I was just wondering if you guys thought it was worth pursuing. Unfortunately my hours are odd, my class schedule changes a fair amount.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#5]
That's whats shitty about not registering early. I made that mistake this semester.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:17:09 PM EDT
[#6]
stephen-

i work for lanier parking downtown...we do events like tech games, fox events, phillips arena, and botanical gardens, stuff like that...

its $10 an hour, rain or shine....im actually going to work tonight.

hours are odd and vary....if you want i could email you the contact info––-my manager is actually a good friend of mine that goes to tech...Micah Dale....you might know him (probbaly not)
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#7]

I'm convinced I'd go insane working in a gun shop.

I was at GA400 J&L the other night shopping for powder (no Bullseye?!? sheesh!) and there was a guy behind me at the counter talking to an employee.  The crap was so deep it was distracting.  There is no way I could sit there and not correct or call BS on all the stuff customers must say in gun shops day in and day out.  And that would somewhat limit my sales I am guessing.

No thanks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:50:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was at GA400 J&L the other night shopping for powder (no Bullseye?!? sheesh!) and there was a guy behind me at the counter talking to an employee.  The crap was so deep it was distracting.  There is no way I could sit there and not correct or call BS on all the stuff customers must say in gun shops day in and day out.  And that would somewhat limit my sales I am guessing.

No thanks!

I'm convinced I'd end up bankrupt, homeless, and pushing a grocery cart with an arsenal in it if I worked at 400 J&L. That and I'd get kicked.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No thanks!

I quit correcting a while back. I just not and go into a trance when I hear the bullshit now.

I'm working on Bullseye, but it's kinda hard to get.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:59:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't remember who or where it was but a while back someone listed the  types of people that go in to a gun shop.  It was pretty funny.  I can see it being annoying too.  The one I would add to the list is me.  The one standing outside thinking "wait, I HAD money on me before I walked in there..."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top