Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 8:16:34 PM EDT
I'm finally coming back to home in couple month after being away    I and a couple of other Sgt want to go hog hunting but am not sure where to go or whom to contact to get permission to hunt on thier land.  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:56:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Where are you stationed?  I believe both Ft. Benning and Ft. Stewart have hog hunting for service members (they're considered a pest at both bases, Ranger Instructors at Ft. Benning tell the students to call it in when they see hogs, shortly afterwards RI's will be seen heading that direction with weapons).
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:33:10 AM EDT
[#2]
awesome I won't have thought about there thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#3]
yep just go up to rec center on main post and get your permits. it is east of the jump towers.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:11:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I hunt Ft. Stewart
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:31:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody watch the Tv show last night about the "Abbeville, GA, hogs"? They were saying somebody in that area is bringing over Eurasian hogs and breeding them into the local population. Making for a larger more aggressive hog that is starting to kill hog-dogs and attack hunters.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#6]
huh? eroasian hog in GA? if any one is going for one let me know so I can tag along.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:27:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I rarely watch TV, but this show just caught my eye as I was flipping to the weather channel. It was a pretty cool show. They had a few video clips and still photos of what they were talking about. Showing the different build, hair & coloration of the hogs compared to the "normal" GA hogs.

I don't know where Abbeville, GA, is but it was very sandy and swampy in the show.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Did a little searching: aired on the Animal Planet, show name "Pig Bomb"

http://animal.discovery.com/search/results.html?query=pig+bomb&search.x=0&search.y=0&search=search
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:00:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Can't follow the Discovery link from work but it's probably these guys or somebody associated with them.  

Addison Wild Boar Hunting

I used to work with an Addison family member they have a lot of land.  Abbeville is off I75 near Cordele, there is an annual Ocmulgee Wild Hog Festival there each May.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:53:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I have a three day hunt there the first of October. My buddy has been there several times. Great place to hunt from what I hear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top