Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 9:04:10 AM EDT
He really wants an airsoft gun. Where locally (West ATL) has a good selection of hardware? I'n not trying to buy uber expensive stuff but want a solid air charged 1911 and associated gear.

TIA

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:38:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Not really into airsoft but check out www.airsoftatlanta.com

Then even have stuff that will work on realy guns. I bought some airsoft sights for my 22 AR.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:35:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Airsoft Atlanta is run by a bunch of younger individuals that really know their stuff.

Just tell them how "serious" this gift needs to me and how well it needs to hold up and they'll work with you.

Plus they have most inventory on their website.

Their prices could be much better compared to others though but they don't screw you.

One thing...since you're after a gas gun, make sure you get one that uses the standard Green Gas, then ask them if they can sell you a propane adapter (or look online for a cheap one) so you can just use propane from the store to charge the magazines instead of running all the way to the airsoft store or ordering the gas online.

The special green gas for airsoft guns is a mixture of propane and silicone oil.

Make sure when you buy it that they go over the magazine's SOP for gas pistols with your son....because if they don't a $10-$50 magazine can be ruined in seconds. I know, because I've done it.

Hope that helps.

ETA : For 1911's I like WE-tech .

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:41:46 AM EDT
[#3]
hobbytown usa has some cool looking stuff. don't know much about airsoft, but it caught my attention last time i was in. they have a M203 that is damn near identical to the real thing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:48:32 AM EDT
[#4]
AirsoftAtl looks like it'll work. Thanks for the info. I'm gonna hate spending as much as I will on this but I hate buying cheap crap even worse.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna hate spending as much as I will on this but I hate buying cheap crap even worse.

Yeah, you'll hate cheap airsoft more than you hate cheap guns.

But like anything good quality, once you buy it you can just take care of it for a long time.

I paid $100 for an airsoft pistol 3 years ago and it's still strong. Anything I ever paid under $15 or $20 for broke within a week...especially when kids play with it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:36:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:42:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Socom gear usually makes a decent GBB model. Tokyo mauri, Classic Army, ICS are among the top AEG makers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:10:16 PM EDT
[#8]

I was going to suggest it. I was thinking about it myself. He can even get a $5-$10 fake suppressor for it.

Hope he likes it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:27:43 AM EDT
[#9]
if you are going to get him a fake can for it. Get him the PFI smoke cap can. hell of a lot of fun. If you are anywhere around douglasville I've got some Airsoft toys you can play with if it will help you decide. We use them in hand to hand and disarming training. as well as force on force.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top