Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2009 4:42:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:30:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I enjoyed the GCO vendor show as well.  I enjoyed speaking with the gentleman there from Ed's Pawn / Public Safety regarding some of the new Glock offerings.  Much more intimate than the average gun show.  Also a big +1 on what Ray McBerry had to say during the panel discussion.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 5:40:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A guy came by our table and took his gun out of his holster and proceeded to take the magazine out. He then was asking Don, whom was a part of our table, if he had any "clips" for his gun. He then tells us that he has one in the pipe and is pointing it at me and John.  Or maybe I should have just ignored it.

Never...ever ignore it when someone breaks one of the four rules.  I don't care who they are.  They should get a mouthful when it happens.  It doesn't sound like he fucked up but rather he didn't know better which is even worse.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I enjoyed speaking with the gentleman there from Ed's Pawn / Public Safety regarding some of the new Glock offerings.

Do you know if they still take a photograph when you buy a gun from them?  I know most shops take a copy of your DL and GFL but this is the only one I have heard of in GA who actually takes a picture of you too.  I won't spend my $$ with them due to this practice.  I mean really WTF.  

Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, Ed's Pawn shop does take a picture of you when you buy a firearm from them.  I didn't know this until I bought a Yugo underfolder from them last year.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Wish I could have came this year but work got in the way. Maybe next year. But anyways good to know the trade show went well. Never knew that about the picture taking with Ed's Pawn Shop, but then again I have never been there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 4:24:25 AM EDT
[#7]
took my pic on a LE sale of a glock. never again.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Did you all enjoy the convention?   We have lots to improve on so please share where you think we can improve.

I got the chance to sit with AG Thurbert Baker.    When Ed Stone went through AG Baker's efforts on behalf of the RTKBA's, I was amazed.  Many of his efforts formed the foundation of what GCO uses to advance the cause.  For example, preemption.   He also was responsible for the concealed carry law in 1976 and he submitted briefs in support of Heller before it got to SCOTUS.    He's a shooter as well and life member of Riverbend Gun Club.    

AG Baker is very quiet and doesn't toot his own horn.  Beneath that quiet exterior is a 2nd Amendment warrior and person who actually delivered for the RTKBA.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 7:43:21 AM EDT
[#9]
You should have gotten the security guys, there is no excuse for that behavior

Maybe the should be an intro on how to carry a firearm properly before admittance next year

Personally I would have dressed him down in front of everyone-loudly.

Like I said, no excuse
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Where's the "Are you a range nazi tread"?
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:57:56 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Maybe the should be an intro on how to carry a firearm properly before admittance next year

Like I said, no excuse

Budder was just looking for a reason to drop kick someone...

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#12]
I have pics from the vendor show. I'll try to get some posted later today. I have nearly 700 photos from the convention to sort through and it may take some time to get it done.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Like I said, no excuse

I'm the security guy that came up and spoke with you about it a few minutes after it happened.  I wasn't sure precisely who it was, but I found out when he did it again right before dinner during the silent auction.  After explaining the dangers to him, I'm still not sure if he understood the whys, but he behaved and definitely understood he would be ejected if any other safety issue came up.  I apologize for his behavior, but I hope you enjoyed the rest of the convention and did not have any other safety issues.

-Jeff
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 10:52:07 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like I said, no excuse

I'm the security guy that came up and spoke with you about it a few minutes after it happened.  I wasn't sure precisely who it was, but I found out when he did it again right before dinner during the silent auction.  After explaining the dangers to him, I'm still not sure if he understood the whys, but he behaved and definitely understood he would be ejected if any other safety issue came up.  I apologize for his behavior, but I hope you enjoyed the rest of the convention and did not have any other safety issues.

-Jeff

You wasted post 13 on THIS. Especially after saving it for 8 whole months. Total fail.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 2:20:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Did you all enjoy the convention?  

I very much enjoyed the convention, and would like to thank all involved for putting it on.

Met some great, like minded people, learned a few things at the seminars, bought some Glock stuff, and had a good time overall.

The .Gov candidates forum was informative, and meeting and speaking to a few of them was nice.

I entertained myself by trying to match ARFCOM personalities to who I thought the persons there might be.

Again, thanks to all involved in the effort, looking forward to the next one.

Link Posted: 8/2/2009 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Did you all enjoy the convention?   We have lots to improve on so please share where you think we can improve.

You know maybe it was just me, I was trapped behind 10 tables so I did a lot of people watching, but I saw a LOT of people putting hands on the guns they were carrying. Like 50%+. I mean, I was like "I see the gun in your holster, you stroking it really doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy."
I got the feeling that a lot of people who were there don't carry that often. Maybe they were checking the placement of adjusting the holster but 1 in 2 people touching their gun in the holster didn't give me a good feeling. Maybe a discussion about HOW to carry, or something educational, could fix it. Like I said, maybe it was just me.

Overall though, Mike I enjoyed dinner, and Bob Barr was an excellent speaker. I missed out on the round table and all the other seminars due to the dealer show/ packing up etc. Maybe next year I can hit a few.

Thanks to all those who put it on though, you did a great job and the venue was nice.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know maybe it was just me, I was trapped behind 10 tables so I did a lot of people watching, but I saw a LOT of people putting hands on the guns they were carrying. Like 50%+. I mean, I was like "I see the gun in your holster, you stroking it really doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy."
I got the feeling that a lot of people who were there don't carry that often. Maybe they were checking the placement of adjusting the holster but 1 in 2 people touching their gun in the holster didn't give me a good feeling. Maybe a discussion about HOW to carry, or something educational, could fix it. Like I said, maybe it was just me.

Overall though, Mike I enjoyed dinner, and Bob Barr was an excellent speaker. I missed out on the round table and all the other seminars due to the dealer show/ packing up etc. Maybe next year I can hit a few.

Thanks to all those who put it on though, you did a great job and the venue was nice.

They are not used to carrying open if I had to guess.

Thing is you should never touch your carry weapon in my opinion. Only time I've even come close was to hitch my pants back up to the middle of the pear.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:41:37 AM EDT
[#18]
If I had to guess I would say they are not used to carrying at all!  I bet the vast majority of people with GFL don't carry period.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 4:53:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We spoke very briefly.  I wish I knew you were you.   I would have mentioned I'm me on AR15.  

Thank you for coming to the convention.  Your tables were a big hit.    They were my #2 best part of the convention.   I tried to get my wife to come by to look at guns but she was busy with wife stuff.

The best news I heard was Budder is going to UGA for Law School.  So he stays in Georgia and managed to avoid being an Emoriod.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:20:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We spoke very briefly.  I wish I knew you were you.   I would have mentioned I'm me on AR15.  

Thank you for coming to the convention.  Your tables were a big hit.    They were my #2 best part of the convention.   I tried to get my wife to come by to look at guns but she was busy with wife stuff.

The best news I heard was Budder is going to UGA for Law School.  So he stays in Georgia and managed to avoid being an Emoriod.

We've met before at the infamous "Creekside Hearings"

Oh, and I'm sure that you are right. Those of us who carry EVERY DAY are in the definite minority of those with GFL's.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:26:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

A lot of people who would never carry openly posted on GeorgiaPacking.org that they would be carrying openly at the convention, so I am with you on this one.

As for the guy who pulled out his loaded pistol at the vendor show . . . gack!    No excuse for that.  Thank you, Budder, for correcting him.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 5:52:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of people who would never carry openly posted on GeorgiaPacking.org that they would be carrying openly at the convention, so I am with you on this one.

As for the guy who pulled out his loaded pistol at the vendor show . . . gack!    No excuse for that.  Thank you, Budder, for correcting him.

I'll be honest. I've not been happy with the gun handling at the GCO functions that I have attended(2). Point in fact was the MORON at the lunch in Marietta that got his mug on the news with his hand on his weapon.

That gun isn't there for attention. You shouldn't be finger fucking it for any reason. ESPECIALLY not for that damn reporter and her camera.

I don't carry daily. Can't because of my job. But I carry most every other time I'm out of the house. About half that time it's open. You don't see me touching my weapon. Could be because I only own retention holsters. Or it could be because I have a brain.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:38:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Could be because I only own retention holsters. Or it could be because I have a brain .

Well then I think we can safely rule that out!  Must be because of the retention holster then.

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Could be because I only own retention holsters. Or it could be because I have a brain .

Well then I think we can safely rule that out!  Must be because of the retention holster then.

hehe knew I was setting myself up for that one... fawker
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:01:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I was there too!

I got to participate as uke in the self-defense panel, and I asked the elected officials' panel the question about encouraging training.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top