Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 4:49:27 PM EDT
Hi again!

Remember me? I was driving the poor little honda civic up I 75 this evening. I just want to say I'm sorry that I was only doing 85 in a 70 with traffic on my right and front. I'm sure your madly flashing headlights were your polite way of saying I'd like you to move over so I can pass.

I got that btw.

But if you had stopped talking on the phone and instead of bashing your headlight lever so madly had looked around you would have seen the tractor trailer to my right and MAYBE have noticed the car in front of me. Sorry just couldn't go anywhere.

But since you flashed me at least 15 times in a 30 sec period I figured you were in a massive hurry and I tried to get over. I thought you were paying attention and didn't realize you might not see my brake lights before you almost kissed them... I felt bad that my gerbils stumbled like they did and I slowed down so much.. But I wanted to get a clear spot so I could merge right and let you rush up to the next car.

From the panicked look on your face and your passenger holding his nose I can only guess you shit your pants. If you send me the cleaning bill I'll be happy to help you with that.

Thanks for driving much more courtesy the rest of our mutual trip up Atlanta.

But like I said just wanted to say HI!

tis a joke folks...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:07:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:43:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Some joker in a Mustang did that to me years ago between Macon in Atlanta on I75.  One thing weird is that the flashing lights were blue.  Hmmm.  
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#3]
This is when I downshift. No brake lights + tow package on pickup + car bumper/hood = one embarrassed and humbled a-hole!
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 7:50:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#5]
About 13 years ago, driving on I-16, somebody came flying up behind me, just after I had started to pass a tractor trailer in the right lane.  The mustang guy furiously blinked his lights for me to move (not happening).  I moved to the right after passing the truck, and the mustang took off out of sight.  A couple of miles down the road, there was the mustang, pulled over on the side of the road, one of his rear tires completely shredded and blown off the rim.  He had those low profile slot car tires with the custom rims.  Scratch one tire and rim!  Guess the tire wasn't rated for that speed.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I had some guy do that to me here in town while I was on the 10 Loop in my unmarked car.  He came flying up behind me and starting pointing towards the right which was his way of telling me to move over because he was in too big of a hurry.

Once I turned on the back LED's, he realized real quick that he was barking up the wrong tree.  He slammed on brakes and got over in the right lane and got off on the next exit.  I was already going a little faster than the speed limit and don't have a problem when people want to pass but don't come flying up behind me and point for me to get over when we are already going faster than the posted limit.

Or you could just move over.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 9:50:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 10:12:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I had some guy do that to me here in town while I was on the 10 Loop in my unmarked car.  He came flying up behind me and starting pointing towards the right which was his way of telling me to move over because he was in too big of a hurry.

Once I turned on the back LED's, he realized real quick that he was barking up the wrong tree.  He slammed on brakes and got over in the right lane and got off on the next exit.  I was already going a little faster than the speed limit and don't have a problem when people want to pass but don't come flying up behind me and point for me to get over when we are already going faster than the posted limit.

Sorry about that  Next time I'll just blow by you in the emergency lane.

Just kidding of course.  I have had way to many speeding tickets in the past few years so I'm in the slow lane now days.

7mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top