Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 3:46:26 PM EDT
who else wishes they could move to a cooler climate during these hot ass summers?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
who else wishes they could move to a cooler climate during these hot ass summers?

I have considered it. If I could move my pension and keep my pay or better it I would move with a quickness. I don't like how the Ga seasons go. Warm, Hot, and OMG!

Whats wrong with cool, cold, and snow?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have considered it. If I could move my pension and keep my pay or better it I would move with a quickness. I don't like how the Ga seasons go. Warm, Hot, and OMG!

And we're barely to the hot stage now.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And we're barely to the hot stage now.

I like the heat. I hate cold, Im like a snake.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:49:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I would MUCH rather have the cold than the heat.  When cold I can put more clothes on .... when I am hot I can only get so naked.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:53:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I would MUCH rather have the cold than the heat.  When cold I can put more clothes on .... when I am hot I can only get so naked.

Nice image...click click...deleted
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:02:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:04:05 PM EDT
[#7]
The problem is not the "heat" per se.  It's the humidity that kills you.  That being said, I would take the GA summer over cold weather any day.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:12:16 PM EDT
[#8]
The main problem I have w/ the heat here in GA, is that it lasts so damn long.  Well into Sept, even in Oct the temp swings from the night to midday are crazy.  

Bow season is way too friggin hot I hardly hunt it anymore.

Fall/ Spring (could do without the pollen) are my favorite times of year.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#9]
The heat drives me nuts too and I have been here my whole life.  We did get off fairly easily so far this year.  We had a SPRING.  It was great.  But yes, now it does involve five months of sweat.  And I agree about the clothing thing.  The cops get all bitchy about it and you end up sticking to the squad car seat.  Or so I've heard.  Or something.  Hey, who likes guns?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I already did... I moved to Ga from Baton Rouge..and Charleston before that !
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:29:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I already did... I moved to Ga from Baton Rouge..and Charleston before that !

I was stationed down there(Ft. Polk) for a while.  Ain't got nothing on Augusta.  Atlanta is like an alpine retreat compared to Augusta.  The only difference between Hell and Augusta is a screen door.

Baton Rouge Avg. Temps

Augusta Avg. Temps
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#12]
I work outside year round.  You just get use to being all sweaty.  Hell,  I don't use the AC in the work truck.  If I did it would make it it seem even hotter outside.   I agree the humidity sucks!

Best time of the year is Spring and Fall.  Our winters aren't that bad either.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#13]
shoot, i think summer is here.  the bank sign said 98 today!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Considering where I was this time last year, I ain't complainin' about the "heat".
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Definitely hotter here than Phoenix AZ. I spent three years there, didn't have an ac'd ride and survived it.
Got here and had to sell the ol' truck and get a newer one with some cool breezes built in.
It's humid ALL THE TIME like a sauna steam room. I like the cold and snow way better, but I hate working on
rusted out cars worse.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#16]

The only difference between Hell and Augusta is a screen door.

QFT
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#17]
I am up in NE Georgia, it's cooler up hear.

Mike
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't mind heat....

I hate GA's humidity though......

Hitting the street is like strolling through a sauna.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Low 30's in the mornings and highs in the mid to upper 50's would be perfect year round, I am a Gawga native and have lived here all my life and know that wont ever happen here.

But

Ya can always dream, right.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I like that it is actually hot in the summer and was sort of cold in the winter.  Seems almost normal for a change.  I wouldn't trade living in GA for anywhere else.

Get a good A/C man and have him on speed dial in case your unit goes kaput.  Other than that, you stay inside during the hot part of the day (2-7 or so) and ride it out.  Do yardwork in the morning or around dusk, etc.

ETA: Much like bad times make you appreciate the good, Summer makes you appreciate Fall all the more.  My favorite season is only a few months away.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:02:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Its not nearly as bad as Boston in February
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:05:28 AM EDT
[#22]
damn you al gore, turn off that global warming machine.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:48:40 AM EDT
[#23]
And don't forget the ticks and chiggers that come with the warm weather.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:22:18 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm glad I live close enough to the water to get the ocean effect.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:41:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm just glad I don't live on the coast where it's "really" humid.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#26]

Yeah, I got tore up by the chiggers a few weeks back.  ~30-40 of them!

Not fun

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#27]
i hear you guys, walk to the tool box and it's 95 degrees at lunch, augusta is HOT
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:43:06 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
i hear you guys, walk to the tool box and it's 95 degrees at lunch, augusta is HOT

Augusta is the hottest place in the state in the summer and the coldest in the winter.  How exactly do ya'll pull that off?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#29]
this place still doesn't have anything on Louisiana. God told the devil "you can have hell or Ft polk." Satan chose hell....
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#30]
so in!
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 2:37:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Augusta is the hottest place in the state in the summer and the coldest in the winter.  How exactly do ya'll pull that off?

buddy i just moved here, left the shop a 6 o'clock and it was 102

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 3:29:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was only 101 up there on Columbia Rd. not far from your house,  so at least you got some relief when you got home eh.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:10:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I had a friend of mine and his wife visit GA for the first time the other week they are from San Diego California. He kept asking me what the humidity was like I kept telling him it is not that bad. When they landed in Atlanta and stepped out side to get their rental car his wife's hair exploded he said since she had it straightened. Needless to say she was pissed. He said bullshit this is not bad. I told it it was only at around 80% and 90 degrees that is nothing, and to come back at end of july near august. Then experience it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was only 101 up there on Columbia Rd. not far from your house,  so at least you got some relief when you got home eh.

hell yeah, that made all the difference, by the way, we need to go the the pizza joint and enjoy some yuenglings

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

hell yeah, that made all the difference, by the way, we need to go the the pizza joint and enjoy some yuenglings

I'm up for it. Pick a day that works for you and I can likely make it.  I'll be gone this Saturday,  but other than that;  it's all good.  I just happen to be enjoying a Lager as I type.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#36]
I almost feel sorry for you Augusta guys. My guard unit did AT at FT. Gordon in 1994 and it was hotter than the devil's asscrack for those 2 weeks...and this is from a guy who spent most of his life in South GA.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:36:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I almost feel sorry for you Augusta guys. My guard unit did AT at FT. Gordon in 1994 and it was hotter than the devil's asscrack for those 2 weeks...and this is from a guy who spent most of his life in South GA.

I think the heat just sinks and stays trapped here in the Savannah River valley.  You can go 50 miles in any direction from here and feel a huge difference.  I grew up in upstate SC and what a difference 100 miles makes. This place is downright brutal,  I recall the heat index reaching 119 here a few years back.  BTW,  we tend to get the coldest temps in the SE in the winter also.

At least we get the arctic blast next week,  all the way down into the low 90's.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Imagine working outside in full fire bunker gear!! Or better yet, a Level A HazMat suit!
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 4:07:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Myself?  I cant wait to get back to Hotlanta. I spent the winter at Ft Dix New Jersey. It was 5 degrees ,snowing and windy while we stood outside for hours on end. I will never live up north!
Then we came to Iraq where it is 120 degrees and yesterday it was 110 and raining. Georgia humidity has NOTHING on this!
Today we have a sandstorm. The official forcast is "Widespread Dust"

I wish I was in Georgia enjoying this summer with all of yall.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top