Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 10:20:24 AM EDT
Just need to vent a little, I went to my property yesterday with my son to do some shooting.
I notice that the front door had some pry marks on it sure enough someone broke in and had at it.
I understand it is in the middle of nowhere but come on what is wrong with people.
Therefore, my day of shooting with my son turned into a day of fixing.
The sheriff came out last night and did some finger printing he thinks they had gloves on.
Oh and by the way, what a mess fingerprint dust makes.
Then he says they will be back LOL

Jcast
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 10:29:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, hope they catch the perps.

Did they make off with any of your property?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:00:57 AM EDT
[#2]
They took and old single shot 12 gauge
Propane Tank, Tools, DVD player, game camera stupid stuff

The thing is they left
2 TV, another DVD player 450 rounds of 12 gauge few hundred rounds of 9mm and 223 makes no sense

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Where did this happen?

I assume this was your hunting cabin??

TD
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:12:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I put up a deer cam at my property. Won't stop them, but it might catch their photo like this guy

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes hunting property it is in Oglethorpe county.

What kind on camera are you using the sheriff mention I should put some out.

Jcast
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#6]
A lot of good info here:
http://www.chasingame.com/

I am using a HCO Scout Guard
http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=29

I have tried several different cameras. This one as worked the best.  The others had slow trigger times & would sometimes miss the person especially if on ATV.  It also has an IR flash. So, unless if you're looking at the camera (small red led glow), the person won't know it took a photo at night.

It is also one of the smallest cameras & camouflaged.  It is very hard to spot high in a tree.  The batteries last at least month (not sure how much more because I change them every month).

There is even one company selling a camera that transmits the photo to a PC or another camera.  So, if the guy spots the camera & takes it, the photo would still be on the other camera. One major problem with this camera - $1000 each
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:02:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I think that will be the ticket need to find a local shop that carries it hopefully.
if not online and wait I can use the second one down at the bottoms where all the pigs are

Thanks
JCAST
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top